SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Hmm I thought the dolphin intake was of dubious quality?

I wouldnt say the quality is dubious, its a really solidly constructed unit. The dubiousness would be the effectiveness it has on the restriction that needs to be removed.

It only replaces the black plastic bit between the AFM and the rest of the intake.. obvious the AFM housing is in this photo (not mine) but it illustrates it fairly well.

TotZG.jpg

Dunc should be able to tell us now, but he's probably off driving it to see what it's like!

Have you got any photos of it out of the car Dunc?

Car is boxed into the garage and I cant be bothered moving stuff off the driveway :domokun:

I didnt bother taking any photos of it out of the car, it looks identical (+ engine dirt) to the photos on Dolphins website.. you can see exactly how it mounts up based on the kink compared to the stock plastic unit :thumbsup:

Image1.jpg

Got my rear sway bar onto my car last night....rear end is working much better.

Bald Hangkangs in the wet with LSD and 2WD is a little bit of fun......note to myself!!.....install windscreen wipers on the passenger and drivers side windows! laugh.gif

What is the plan now? I've seen you in a few different discussions now and it sounds like it might be a bit unique...

Sussing out a few 340mm rotor combinations to run with an R32 GTR caliper/ offset bracket. If it works out, I'll detail the whole thing; could be a budget monster upgrade.

A chance chat with another forum member has got me motivated again.

Could also end in tears; we'll see.

Edited by Daleo

Sussing out a few 340mm rotor combinations to run with an R32 GTR caliper/ offset bracket. If it works out, I'll detail the whole thing; could be a budget monster upgrade.

Interesting. 340x32?

Could be good, but when the new setup runs out I'll probably go 350Z Brembo or Akebono.

Interesting. 340x32?

Could be good, but when the new setup runs out I'll probably go 350Z Brembo or Akebono.

That's the plan, hopefully be able to bring it in under a grand, closer to $800.

i'll be up for that one Dale, got the callipers already :)

Apparently there was some industrial action in the states, and my BCs are still sitting in a container somewhere >_<

Now I'm unlikely to get them for another 2 weeks :rant:

Car is getting a service and wash today though, have to clean the bugs off.

I was really lucky and got my Tanabe Sustec coil overs from JDM Concept when he had an end of financial year sale so I got them delivered for the ultimate bargain price of $740 nyaanyaa.gif Thats half price and it was the only set he had on sale. I love the ride and most importantly the boss doesn't complain about them being too hard.

Pulled bumper reo and intercooler off yesterday and this morning. cleaned intercooler, not very dirty though, cleaned lights while they where out, look a little better. cut reo a bit in an effort to get my front bumper sitting better over the intercooler, reo sits heaps better but front bar still out of adjustment though. bad. guess i'll have to put the sikaflex back in to hide the gap, and save for an R34 conversion kit haha

Absolutely nothing yet cause I don't pick it up till next Sunday lol. But 3" dump pipe back exhaust will be fitted straight away and have nismo gt le mans group A turbos, jjr adjustable cam gears, 750cc injectors and walbro fuel pump (if needed) ready to go and will be getting haltech platinum pro for management. Will keep updating progress