SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

More work done by Craig this arvo.

The lower front control arms (or are they ball joints???) were replaced due some very worn rubber. Endless clunking on every road,

probably would on glass if I could try some.

Exchanged them for some new ones with purple natholane or urethane rubber. Can't remember the name of the product.

The car has been transformed yet again. Just like a new one, even better. :banana:

Craig has a great setup with the workshop, so as Molly Meldrum used to say....

"Do ya selves a favour and check it out!!!"

Needless to say, this is a very good replacement and the workshop setup is excellent.

I might just get him to do all the work on my car :worship:

Rear rotors turned up today, another set of DBA 4000 Clubspec T3s :banana:

Now have everything for the brake upgrade, just waiting till the shocks turn up. Which I'm still waiting for.

Wish I'd done a bit more research before I ordered. If I'd known then what I know now, I never would have ordered from STT. It's $100 saving, and it's a total joke. Not worth it. :spank:

Just made up a cool air box as the rb26 runs a bit hot and under the bonnett is pretty high temperatures

It is fed through the vent on the nismo front - I made a sealed ducting in glass fibre and enlarged the size of the hole up to the filter area.

Fabricated a barrier out of carbon sheet so that the pipes and filters go through and are sealed with heat reflective gold on the engine side

I have never liked the sealed top so spent a fair amount of time cutting the top to the profile of the bonnett and then used a door seal which slips nicely over the cardon and seals to the bonnett "carpet"

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

BTW the washer bottle was replaced by a tank that also is an alloy catchtank.

That is now where the battery was which has relocated to inside the rear wing - fits a treat

Edited by RSVFOURUK

Wish I'd done a bit more research before I ordered. If I'd known then what I know now, I never would have ordered from STT. It's $100 saving, and it's a total joke. Not worth it. :spank:

I'm sure they will come - sucks to hear about everything that has happened but I don't think the guy is a scammer.

Picked up Slippy's r33 gtst brake kit last night. Not sure when they will go on.

Yeah got the tracking number this morning. I don't think the guy is a scammer either, but he is an absolute joke. I can't recommend highly enough that people stay away.

There goes your fuel economy Iain! Is the AFM the same as the PNM35?

lol just a short drive to the city this morning and i used a lot of fuel

nah its the same as a t30 xtrail - 22680-6N211

thats for the hotwire only, not the whole tube - which isnt required anyway

lol just a short drive to the city this morning and i used a lot of fuel

nah its the same as a t30 xtrail - 22680-6N211

thats for the hotwire only, not the whole tube - which isnt required anyway

You might want to post that in the info thread or on the Awesome forum, with a key word to make it easy to find.:thumbsup:

Cost of the Entrail AFM?

You might want to post that in the info thread or on the Awesome forum, with a key word to make it easy to find.:thumbsup:

Cost of the Entrail AFM?

ill be doing that mate, also with a diasnosis and what to do when it happens to you in the middle of the bush in coffs harbour on a dirt track :P

ill be doing that mate, also with a diasnosis and what to do when it happens to you in the middle of the bush in coffs harbour on a dirt track :P

Crank it till it starts, put put along at 2200rpm till you make it back to home? :P First time I killed my AFM I'd been on some dusty roads not too long prior to it letting go also incidentally.

the mechanic suggested i put some vaso around the airfilter to stop dust getting around the rubber seal as its not 100% sealed.

when i opened the airbox yesterday, there was dust inside, after the filter.

so when going on dusty roads, do that i rekon!

is this FYI enough for everyone??

http://www.m35stagea.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=258

Crank it till it starts, put put along at 2200rpm till you make it back to home? :P First time I killed my AFM I'd been on some dusty roads not too long prior to it letting go also incidentally.

dont joke about that! i think i set the record for longest journey without an AFM on an AFM equipped car lol

dont joke about that! i think i set the record for longest journey without an AFM on an AFM equipped car lol

No doubt, you obliterated my 100km trek back home! Still dont know how you managed that!

550km+

the nissan dealers said the part was overnight from sydney, so i decided i was heading there anyway.

you will probably find it was "the exact" part that they were going to ship to Coff's as what you have in your car atm......$350 shipping...LOL!

Has anyone on here done a track day in their M35?

I know Craig has, but I'm doing one in November and I'm trying to work out if I need to fit an oil and trans cooler beforehand. I know it's a good idea to have them anyway, but I need to work out if I have to or not.

Anyone run round a track without these coolers?

Sittin here watching "Late show with Craig Ferguson" thought I'd share

Bought a couple of Drift seats a while back, recently bought some universal seat rails off RoadsterGarage. Thanks Adam.

I'm in the process of fitting the passenger side, with custom mounts. Slow process cause of my accident but I'm enjoying the whole process of finding what works and what doesnt.

Below is one of the seats.

DSC00293.jpg

first attempt at mounting brackets.......Too high (FAIL)

DSC00308.jpg

Left rear mounting bracket (I know my welding is shyte, but thats what happens when the power keeps tripping out) :angry:

DSC00363.jpg