SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

took car to nissan service to sort out the ECL issue

if u guys remember, the codes that came out were 1110, 1111 and 1135

turned out there was an opened circuit at the intake camshaft on the passenger side, so after an hour's work to fix the wiring and $121 paid to nissan service, no more ECL coming up...happycheers.gif

the guy at nissan service asked me how i found out the codes without OBD2 scanner, i told him i talked to the ECU and it answered me lolwhistling.gif

lol just a short drive to the city this morning and i used a lot of fuel

nah its the same as a t30 xtrail - 22680-6N21A

thats for the hotwire only, not the whole tube - which isnt required anyway

Found a couple of links;

http://www.nissanpar...2680-6n211.html

http://www.cyberspac...n-uk/p1178.html

Slightly Cheaper price.

Edited by Daleo

Link doesn't seem to work?

Dunno what happened to that one, Google the updated part number (can't remember it, posting from phone) and it'll come up. Price was $190 aus.

took car to nissan service to sort out the ECL issue

if u guys remember, the codes that came out were 1110, 1111 and 1135

turned out there was an opened circuit at the intake camshaft on the passenger side, so after an hour's work to fix the wiring and $121 paid to nissan service, no more ECL coming up...happycheers.gif

the guy at nissan service asked me how i found out the codes without OBD2 scanner, i told him i talked to the ECU and it answered me lolwhistling.gif

Which Nissan dealer Syd?

it's the camberwell one cam, they were quite nice although they admitted my M35 was the 1st one they ever seen and with some luck they saw another one drove past on the same day lol

it's the camberwell one cam, they were quite nice although they admitted my M35 was the 1st one they ever seen and with some luck they saw another one drove past on the same day lol

Cool, sounds like a reasonable dealership (Yes, the shock is overwhelming!!)

Went to Jb Hifi yesterday before work and was looking at getting a new cd player for my car but wanted to keep the HDTV i got in my car atm. So the guy there said i can keep my oem cd player in my rx and just get a FM extender to get all the fm stations in australia. Well this cost me $25 from autobarn so i was strapped. That was until i took my dash apart and seen that our aerial plugs are twin pin units and the fm extender is a single. So today i ordered the adapter from the UK for it. Cost me $75.00 AUD so all in all im still happy i get to keep the OEM unit. Just got to wait a little longer until the adapter arrives.

http://www.nexxia.co...ategory=Antenna Adaptors&section=Car Audio

Went to Jb Hifi yesterday before work and was looking at getting a new cd player for my car but wanted to keep the HDTV i got in my car atm. So the guy there said i can keep my oem cd player in my rx and just get a FM extender to get all the fm stations in australia. Well this cost me $25 from autobarn so i was strapped. That was until i took my dash apart and seen that our aerial plugs are twin pin units and the fm extender is a single. So today i ordered the adapter from the UK for it. Cost me $75.00 AUD so all in all im still happy i get to keep the OEM unit. Just got to wait a little longer until the adapter arrives.

http://www.nexxia.co...ategory=Antenna Adaptors&section=Car Audio

I got my aerial adapter at auto barn for $10

Got the Cat back on, can actually hear the exhuast note over the induction sound. Gained a few ponies and must have lost 30kg's getting rid of that huge coffin mid muffler.

Front pipe is on next to go on when it arrives.

imgp7290q.jpg

imgp7288j.jpg

imgp7289o.jpg

Edited by Ross

Fitted the new suction pipe toady with the help (should read totally lost without) Craig (aka Jetwreck, is there any thin on cars this man can not do).

This was certainly at the limit of my ability and patience to work on cars.

Thanks to Scott for hit great fabrication, only a slight mod of cutting a grove into the bottom bracket of the suction pipe so it could be placed over the shaft of the bolt.

For anyone looking to do this mod make sure you work with someone who is a contortionist as there is no bloody room to work in.

Net result is a good fit with a little bit of tidying up to be done on pipe work but the car feels even better down low in the rev range. Not had a chance to really test the top end as I am conscious that I need to finalise things under the bonnet and aware that I am currently running 17psi and want to be careful of hitting fuel cut.

thanks all.

Cheers

Andy