SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Then I have to ask the obvious question... Why are you running one?

I have plans to track mine, and at nearly 3 times the stock power I was a little worried. Now I have the sandwich plate fitted with temp and pressure sensors, I can see stable temps on the road but give it a squirt and they shoot up.

Lol. Well I worked out my two choices, the Stillen and Nismo, would both be about the same, so I went to order the cheaper one (Stillen) only to get reamed on freight. So ordering the Nismo in the morning.

Cheers for the advice Craig! :thumbsup:

got my car tuned and made an appallingly low 306hp on 14psi, thanks hypergear for ripping me off.

306hp @ 14psi?

Is that AWD HP too (include losses)? Through an automatic (more losses)?

I'd say that's F&*ken awesome!

It's like 400HP at the motor!

If the AFR's are sweet and within limits, and the torque curve is flat what are you complaining about?

I'm saying that is maximum boost. The turbo has a spike to 20 then fall back to 14psi.

Any ideas as to why the turbo is dropping boost? I mean apart from the turbo is crap. I had a similar problem, turned out to be the cat was too restrictive and choking the exhaust flow.

306hp is a good result for 14psi though.

Stock is more like 200hp/150kw. So you've got a descent increase over that.

If you can get the boost control issue sorted I think you'll be happy. Most larger aftermarket turbos don't come into their own until up around the 20psi area.

Started changing the dump pipe on the M35 this arvo, bloody hard to get into the top studs. 2 bloody studs snapped rant.gif

Rang Nissan and NO studs in the country, ex japan for bout $125 for set of 5 studs with nuts. I was hoping the rb25 studs would be the same but they said they are a different part number.

Does anyone know if a stud is available from anywhere else? Im getting Captain Thread to go to my mates workshop, where the car is stuck on the hoist for the weekend, to remove the busted studs monday arvo.

lilcrash - hypergear turbos are meant for peak power at over 19psi. I suggest fitting a heavy duty actuator that is rated to 'round 17psi (garret, gcg, or talk to stao and haggle for his HD turbo actuator. Slight retune after fitting & the 20psi boost spike will only taper off a couple psi. You'll gain another 50rwhp I believe.

I went from a 1bar HKS on the gt3076 to a 18psi garret actuator and came away with a decent 20kw increase. You want an actuator rated as close as possible to the boost you wish to run.

Heavy duty actuator rated around 17-19psi will unlock the turbos TRUE power potential.