SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Drift seats installed.....

DSC00403.jpg

Helen & I got the stag washed today for the meet. The only part about washing the car I hate is after admiring how sweet it looks nice & clean. When you take a real close look all the stone chips & imperfections are visible. Oh well.....

Bit of an experiment, fitted a K&N pod filter to the stag today.

Needs some brackets to hold it in place but does the job, checking the Informeter readouts. Should also give me room for the catch can.

Tomorrow will fit the HDi Intercooler I got from Cam (Thanks mate - looks great!).

Finished up the install today for the iPhone connection via the AV input on the Commsman tuner. I used a little Narva push switch fitted in the coin storage inside the console to switch the tuner to the AV input.

Happy with the end result with everything tucked away out of view and neat and tidy when using it. The iPhone connect I bought doesn't support video on the iPhone but I only use it for music and I use the USB for movies, plus it was only around $30 delivered from the US. It does charge the iPhone so thats a plus.

Next on the list is a reverse camera once I decide which one to use.

Edited by slippylotion

Next on the list is a reverse camera once I decide which one to use.

Looks good. Should check out my reverse camera. Not installed yet, but it's wireless and replaces one of the number plate lights with the camera and an LED. Not quite the right size, needs an adapter made up as it's designed for a 350Z and is a bit too small.

I had a busy weekend, but still found some time for some Stag love.

First, I removed the airbox and test fitted a pod filter. The definite pro is that it makes plenty of room for a catch can, and flows more air. The con is that it now maxes out the injectors, and I need to check the intake temps. Not sure at this stage if it's worth keeping or not, but if I keep it I'll be replacing the temporary K&N filter with something non-oiled.

Today I started fitting the HDi intercooler. Underestimated how quickly it would get dark, and ended up trying to fit it in the dark. Not fun. Stopped for the night and will continue tomorrow, with the epic battle between myself and the standard hot-side intercooler hose :domokun:

New thermo fan doesn't exactly attach up as per the instructions either, but I'll play with it tomorrow in the light and work it out.

I just bought the similar camera but for the x-trail but not wireless. Looks easy to get to fit.

What resolution are our factory screens?

Depends which one. I think mine was 350Z/early X-trail? Just needs a surround to mount it up to the standard bolt holes.

Not sure on standard resolution, just know they're NTSC. Ask Brad or Leon, they'll know for sure.

Had a 70% (?) tune done on Saturday.

No a full tune as we had fuel failure, either filter or pump :(

On the plus side, no more "boost/fuel/air flow/whatever you wanna call it" cut and a different throttle feel.

Throttle is a bit soggier at the moment, but at least I know it can definitely be modified :whistling:

Edited by iamhe77

Had a 70% (?) tune done on Saturday.

No a full tune as we had fuel failure, either filter or pump :(

On the plus side, no more "boost/fuel/air flow/whatever you wanna call it" cut and a different throttle feel.

Throttle is a bit soggier at the moment, but at least I know it can definitely be modified :whistling:

Is this the stock pump or aftermarket?

I think mine managed 248awkw on the stock pump...