SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Had a 70% (?) tune done on Saturday.

No a full tune as we had fuel failure, either filter or pump :(

On the plus side, no more "boost/fuel/air flow/whatever you wanna call it" cut and a different throttle feel.

Throttle is a bit soggier at the moment, but at least I know it can definitely be modified :whistling:

Good stuff matethumbsup.gif

Looking forward to hearing the end result! Hope all goes well.

Gave the car an oil and filter change..

Whilst there also installed with the help of Craig (or should I say I helped him) a replacement actuator with spring tension..

This is a great mod... :)

Had to turn the boost down as was holding 20psi to red line.

The improvement is very noticeable with the motor being less peaky and drives much more linear from a stop to the top end of the rev range. :banana:

Grab a Nissan genuine filter and I use a 10w-40 or 5w-40 oil, the brand is up to your liking as this question starts world war 3 on forums, along with asking the frequency of changes.

Too true. The above is the general concensus, you want a minimum Group IV oil. I go for Motul 300v and Im fine with Ryco filters (445 I think is the specific model/size)

I've always found Ryco filters overpriced for average quality. I've got a Nismo filter on at the moment, which seems fine, and about to change it for a HKS one when I do my oil change. Going to try the 300v eventually, not sure whether to do it this change for the track day or use the leftover Valvoline first.

So I finished fitting the intercooler today. Not a great idea to do while you've got a cold/flu thing, but I needed to get it done and the car mobile again.

While I was at it I threw all the black clips on the front bar in the bin, and replaced them with brand new ones I bought on ebay. I also soldered the pins on the factory boost sensor at the same time, so the boost gauge works again (finally!).

Only thing is I've now got a bit of white smoke. Not sure if it's burning off the excess WD40 I used on the silicon joiners or what, but hopefully it goes away after a bit of a drive.

Paint not to your standards? :nyaanyaa:

Haha smart arse.

If you're going down the Ryco route though, there are other people who produce filters cheaper which are just as good if not better.

And if we're going to have a discussion on paint I'm not sure I'm a fan of the bright pink HKS filter :P

I've always found Ryco filters overpriced for average quality. I've got a Nismo filter on at the moment, which seems fine, and about to change it for a HKS one when I do my oil change. Going to try the 300v eventually, not sure whether to do it this change for the track day or use the leftover Valvoline first.

$50-$100 gamble over a potential $2,500 loss!!!!spank.gif

BTW - NEO is $112 delivered to you door for 5LT's!!!!.....the only other oil I would use would be Royal Purple....Motul while good fall's short of both the NEO and Royal Purple IMO!

LET THE OIL WAR"S BEGIN!!!!!!! BAHHHHAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAA

Edited by Jetwreck

He runs the NEO oil.

I'm trying to work out what physical difference there is, and I can see the Motul 300v is more viscous than the Royal Purple, but haven't worked out any other significant differences.

I can't find the NEO datasheet - their own web site doesn't even list a 10w40 anymore...

He runs the NEO oil.

I'm trying to work out what physical difference there is, and I can see the Motul 300v is more viscous than the Royal Purple, but haven't worked out any other significant differences.

I can't find the NEO datasheet - their own web site doesn't even list a 10w40 anymore...

I sent a snapshot of the tin to Cam recently...I'll post it up next time I remember...I also run a Nismo Oil filter......$10-$15 extra doesn't bother me either.

I sent a snapshot of the tin to Cam recently...I'll post it up next time I remember...I also run a Nismo Oil filter......$10-$15 extra doesn't bother me either.

Are these M35/V35 specific? Is there a long wait time on them? I was really hoping to change the oil this weekend..