SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

I think the reference was to some probs you had that could be attributed to less than ideal maintenance before you owned it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but things like banjo bolt blocked (first turbo failure?) and the sludge you found when you pulled your oil filter/associated mounting hardware off. Chances are a few oil changes might have been missed pinch.gif .

it was probably me more than anything. when i bought it i never serviced it properly. used el cheapo oils and stuff.. when I came on here I started looking after it..

What about your tranny? Or was that your own doing? RVO said it was pretty trashed...LOL :whistling:

nope? he said that for the amount of K's that the car had done it seem like it was pretty spot on.. he said your pan must have been dropped and changed..and thats why it looked like it was in good nick.. with the previous owner your car had, i wouldnt talk buddy :ph34r: i know a lot more about your car than you think..

just sayin lol

bahhhhaaahhhaaa!!

Jaffa sledge time!!!

lol craig arent Jaffas red? should start calling you a mars bar..

What the hell is he doing trashing his tranny? Is that what the young kids are calling it now?whistling.gif

lol yeh join in the fun dale..

lol yeh join in the fun dale..

You sell one Stagea, and look what happens...tongue.gif

Sorry dude; I just couldn't resist.

200 is good? I take it you got your electrical issues sorted & retune done?

You sell one Stagea, and look what happens...tongue.gif

Sorry dude; I just couldn't resist.

200 is good? I take it you got your electrical issues sorted & retune done?

200 is running ok now.

all the electrical stuff is sorted $300 later.

got scott to weld me up a suction pipe for the stock s15 airbox and z32 AFM. perfect

put a new front mount return flow cooler in, which is proving to be better than the massive Greddy one.

standard s15 BOV with grub screw so no more fully sick dosing..thank f**k.

all I wanna get now is a new fuel reg, as the one i have now is malpassi rising rate(a piece of shit)

then i'll head up to cihan for a tune..if i hit over 200kw ill be happy. this has tooooo much response as it is.. ass goes out 2nd and 3rd in the dry.. quite fun.

Good stuff.thumbsup.gif

Back on topic, I cut the centre bar out of the opening of my Aero front bar; I think it looks better (too late anyway) but it was a breeze with my new cheapy Ozito multi-function tool.

The ones that have an oscillating (as opposed to rotating) blade; put the blade against your hand; big vibes, no cut. On a plastic bumper, it just pushes through literally like a hot knife through butter. Very neat, no burning or melting of the plastic, but no monster furry edges like a hacksaw or jigsaw cut.

Still dragging my feet about the mesh; everyone else seems to like it but me!whistling.gif

post-61153-0-51355100-1318457650_thumb.jpg

Good stuff.thumbsup.gif

Back on topic, I cut the centre bar out of the opening of my Aero front bar; I think it looks better (too late anyway) but it was a breeze with my new cheapy Ozito multi-function tool.

The ones that have an oscillating (as opposed to rotating) blade; put the blade against your hand; big vibes, no cut. On a plastic bumper, it just pushes through literally like a hot knife through butter. Very neat, no burning or melting of the plastic, but no monster furry edges like a hacksaw or jigsaw cut.

Still dragging my feet about the mesh; everyone else seems to like it but me!whistling.gif

post-61153-0-51355100-1318457650_thumb.jpg

i like the bigger mesh leb mesh looks too cheap

Sorry for the off topic but? 576.6km and still 1/4 tank of fuel :O. Is the m35 really that much better on fuel?

from memory I think his car is a VQ25DD.....regardless on the Fwy I get in between 650km and 700km to a tank providing I don't hit it.....with the VQ25DET......around town they tend to be a little shit before getting a tune!

i like the bigger mesh leb mesh looks too cheap

Yep, I think the hexagonal mesh I've got will be better with a big cooler behind it; but for the next few weeks, I'll be sticking with the Uleh bro.whistling.gif

At least it isn't blue...pinch.gif

Yep, I think the hexagonal mesh I've got will be better with a big cooler behind it; but for the next few weeks, I'll be sticking with the Uleh bro.whistling.gif

At least it isn't blue...pinch.gif

hexagontal mesh is the standard stuff yeh?

Good stuff.thumbsup.gif

Aero looks good black and without the foggies IMO! Not much of a fan of it normally.

Mesh needs more black I reckon.

A close up of how the stuff I got from Autobarn (I think it's Monza??) looks behind my front bar.

IMG_2549r.jpg

IMG_2550r.jpg

Aero looks good black and without the foggies IMO! Not much of a fan of it normally.

A close up of how the stuff I got from Autobarn (I think it's Monza??) looks behind my front bar.

IMG_2549r.jpg

IMG_2550r.jpg

mesh does look good......pity about the gay pascal metallic blue colour around it!

hexagontal mesh is the standard stuff yeh?

Yes, I think the OEM is diamond mesh though. Mine didn't come with it, and given the pissing about I had to go through just to get the blanking plates; didn't even bother.down.gif

IMG_2549r.jpg

IMG_2550r.jpg

Cam, lol, it is black, just the way the light is hitting it. whistling.gif I'm actually quite happy with the look of the Blanking Plates versus the Spotties myself.thumbsup.gif

Looks to be exactly the same thing; mine was SAAS, but same difference. The stuff I have to replace it is slightly smaller openings than the OEM and hexagonal in form.

And I'll have enough left over for another car. I'm also convinced the Aero cools better than the smiley face front; Win!

Edited by Daleo

mesh does look good......pity about the gay pascal metallic blue colour around it!

LOL, you just can't help it can ya!

Cam, lol, it is black, just the way the light is hitting it. whistling.gif I'm actually quite happy with the look of the Blanking Plates versus the Spotties myself.thumbsup.gif

Looks to be exactly the same thing; mine was SAAS, but same difference. The stuff I have to replace it is slightly smaller openings than the OEM and hexagonal in form.

And I'll have enough left over for another car. I'm also convinced the Aero cools better than the smiley face front; Win!

Fair enough. The way that light is hitting it, the mesh almost looks like the silver version.

Aero definitely lets more air through than the standard RS bumper, no doubt about it.

Interested to see your replacement mesh :)

nope? he said that for the amount of K's that the car had done it seem like it was pretty spot on.. he said your pan must have been dropped and changed..and thats why it looked like it was in good nick.. with the previous owner your car had, i wouldnt talk buddy :ph34r: i know a lot more about your car than you think..

Well go on!! The suspense is killing me...go ahead and tell me what dimi did to it...