SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

looks good Dale, probly be even better if you took those blanking plates out

Nah, it looks pants with them out!:blink: I didn't have them for a week or so, even with mesh covering the spaces; it just didn't look right.

You know what would look great in there... Some spotties. :nyaanyaa:

Yeah yeah, but I think spotties would be a better choice personally... :rolleyes:

I've got the switch & relay parts C/O ironpaw & Prince Skyline, and I'll get my guru mate to sort out the wiring (cos I'm lazy & he owes me a favour) so it'll happen in time.:thumbsup:

Dale will get some spotties when the Damn bar gets on a f*king boat....arrgh

No stress from my end; it takes however long it takes.:cheers:

Hey Dale, I like the look with the support cut out of the front, and checked mine & it looks like the mesh goes right across in one piece (never noticed when I had it out recently).

Can you send me a close up pic of how the bottom cut turned out? I'm concerned that will leave a rough/dodgy edge visible, if I don't have a specialty cutting tool like you used.

Hey Dale, I like the look with the support cut out of the front, and checked mine & it looks like the mesh goes right across in one piece (never noticed when I had it out recently).

Can you send me a close up pic of how the bottom cut turned out? I'm concerned that will leave a rough/dodgy edge visible, if I don't have a specialty cutting tool like you used.

I'll take one later today & post it up. When I did the towbar cutout, I rough cut with a hacksaw blade then used a Stanley or scalpel blade to shave the cut smooth, works well; it's very soft plastic. As long as you touch up the paint on the cut edge; it'll be virtually invisible.

Excuse the dirt.blush.gif

post-61153-0-97616200-1318631485_thumb.jpg

Seriously, unless you crawl around on the floor; you can't even see it.thumbsup.gif

Thanks Dale. You did a good job; very neat. Did you colour the edge at all (permanent marker, black paint) or is that the raw colour?

Since mine is silver I may have to find a creative way to camo the edge - if it is visible at all.

It looks like Dale has recessed it a bit, so there wouldn't be anything exposed I wouldn't think.

Might have to do this myself, good work Dale! :thumbsup:

What have I done to my Stagea? Pulled out of the SAUSA track day because I have to go to Sydney for work >_<

But I did order my F con V Pro setup... so all is not lost! :cheers:

So while I pulled out of the track day, next time I go I'll have the shift kit, trans cooler, fuel system and computer in, and will be running E85 :banana:

Really can't be bothered fitting the rear shocks and brakes today though. Two weeks of cold and flu backed up by a sinus infection will do that... :down:

Cheers Guys, I'm getting used to carving up expensive bumper bars now...whistling.gif

There's a ridge about half a mm high from the level of the grille aperture, as I didn't want to carve into the paint, and I've just temporarily used a black marker to cover the line of grey primer that the cut exposed.

The plastic is black, but a paint touch up pen will hide the evidence perfectly. The indent against the mesh is just the way the plastic is moulded, but it's only about 1mm.

Looking forward to hearing how your F-con goes Ryan.thumbsup.gif

Cheers Guys, I'm getting used to carving up expensive bumper bars now...whistling.gif

There's a ridge about half a mm high from the level of the grille aperture, as I didn't want to carve into the paint, and I've just temporarily used a black marker to cover the line of grey primer that the cut exposed.

The plastic is black, but a paint touch up pen will hide the evidence perfectly. The indent against the mesh is just the way the plastic is moulded, but it's only about 1mm.

Looking forward to hearing how your F-con goes Ryan.thumbsup.gif

Same... Thanks to Cam for all his help so far. Should be a bloody good thing when it's all up and running! Can't wait!

Changed the oil - was hoping not to have to do it before the turbo kit, but when it was dropped at the workshop I got all embarrassed and felt sorry for herwub.gif

It was so black- now its fresh.

Also did the ancillary belts. Pretty painless really. They were starting to squeak and piss me off.