SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

My missus didn't know what to say when I told her; sent me a message when she got to work, telling me to do whatever I need to make it right. She's cool like that, no "It's just a car" from her.

Aaaahh, so you have an good/understanding one as well thumbsup.gif

Edited by iamhe77

Mate that straight up sucks. Anything else wrong with the body at all? Worth scratching it some more and making an insurance claim?

Lol, no; the rest of the car is basically flawless. That's why I'm so cranky. A couple of the Sydney guys can probably vouch for the paint.whistling.gif

What is this issue you're referring to Dale?

The clear coat on all of the V35/M35's is very soft. It's very easy to mar the paint; and it shows up worst on dark blue, and particularly black. It also doesn't appear very UV resistant.

There is actually a factory option; "Clear Hardcoat" (I think that's what it's called) which is a kind of paint protection that most owners optioned on darker colours, but it is sacrificial, and eventually wears off.

It's a bit of a double edged sword though, being soft; it can take a knock and not crack, and it doesn't take a huge amount of muscle to do Paint Correction.

My painter offered to rub back the clear and spray a House of Kolor clear and then wet sand, another coat, wet sand and correct.

The HOK clear is a very high quality UV stable clear and it is much much harder than the factory clear. He called it a "Diamond Hard" clear. It would resist scratching much more and would be basically a show car quality finish.

Whilst being very tempting; I tend to think this may make it even more of a target than it already is, and the finish would require the at least the same level of care as it does now; very likely more.

I'm not sure I could deal with slowly covering it in stonechips though.

I think there's probably a happy medium somewhere in between, I'll have to sit down & have a chat with him. The advantage is; he absolutely loves the car, and knows I'm bordering on obsessive about it too.

Edited by Daleo

Aaaahh, so you have an good/understanding one as well thumbsup.gif

Lol Cam, I think I've worn her down with it over time. yes.gif

She rolls her eyes and occasionally cracks it, but she rather likes driving around in a spotless, well maintained car while some of her friends drive unreliable, dirty shitboxes.whistling.gif

I think my front radar grill would look funny with no badge at all, the infiniti badge still makes people say wtf is that

Yes- done that to my ARX not long ago - looks like DOREIMON lol then I put it back

The clear coat on all of the V35/M35's is very soft. It's very easy to mar the paint; and it shows up worst on dark blue, and particularly black. It also doesn't appear very UV resistant.

Very interesting! I know All Type had trouble really getting a good shine out of my paintjob. Said it took them three times longer than usual. S'pose that had something to do with it.

Very interesting! I know All Type had trouble really getting a good shine out of my paintjob. Said it took them three times longer than usual. S'pose that had something to do with it.

Yeah, the detailer that originally corrected my car said every time he went to buff the polish residue off the car; he scratched it.pinch.gif

Dale that sucks mate. Especially so, since you spent that time polishing and buffing- I know how much you care, because I know how hard it is to keep a black car.

At least it sounds like you have some contacts in the paint and panel to sort it out. Where did it get scratched if you don't mind me asking- it will go onto my suburb avoidance listtongue.gif

I have a sticker saying 5 year coat or something like that on my car - is that what you guys are calling dealer paint protection?

A suspension guy says he has found a replacement tie rod end that matches the stocker

Should have it tmrw, so will post the part number when I get it :-)

Saving so much money not driving it tho, and the r31 is getting some love too

Dale that sucks mate. Especially so, since you spent that time polishing and buffing- I know how much you care, because I know how hard it is to keep a black car.

At least it sounds like you have some contacts in the paint and panel to sort it out. Where did it get scratched if you don't mind me asking- it will go onto my suburb avoidance listtongue.gif

I have a sticker saying 5 year coat or something like that on my car - is that what you guys are calling dealer paint protection?

Cheers Alex; been garnering a bit of sympathy today from friends and family.:thanks:

Yeah, have been planning to get the door rubbing strips colour coded and the plasitc panel at the base of the hatch repainted; once the new bars went on, they looked a little average...

So I might actually get the whole hatch debadged and re-done; no need to remove parts if he's going to have the whole car. Going to see what the cost is and decide from there; but I think I'll just pay my excess for the rear quarter repair and then add in what I need to get it all done.

It was done in a carpark behind my local shops in Springwood; miles out of the way, and the same cars were parked both sides when I got back.

That's what shits me; an accident, or a scratch from a bag I can deal with, even if they don't leave details. But this was vindictive; someone saw the car, went out of their way to walk over, deliberately got something out , scratched the car, and walked off. Weak flamin mongrel.

38709110150475868546424.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

38836510150475868781424.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looks good :thumbsup: The 10mm offset change makes all the difference; much nicer wheels.

Springwood QLD?

If so I'll have to keep an eye out next time I'm up there - my sister lives just near there.

Springwood NSW :thumbsup:.

Might be a little out of your way.:whistling: