SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

love this little gopro. took a quick video test.

Used my android phone to remote view and control. Settings are 1080p @ 30fps. Protune off, spot - on.

It's almost as if the reason Stags have twin sunroofs is to give you perfect in car cam mounts! Nice angle!

bought my stag a few months ago started running crap last friday so i though ill change the fuel filter....still shit!! so i got some spark plugs and thought if this isnt it ill have to get some splitfires popped the cover off and there they are SPLITFIRES!!!!!! sweet, spark plugs were stuffed

Edited by DJ1984

Serviced yesterday at Jaustech. Ditched the malfunctioning Gizzmo EBC in favour of a simple Turbosmart Boost Tee.

They tuned it and made 172kw... apparently the turbo isn't holding boost otherwise it would've made over 200 apparently. Looking into a Hypergear high flow, but still sussing out my options!

^ "turbo not holding boost"

Something has been lost in translation here? Do you have a dyno print out?

Yep this is highly possible... :) Dyno results below:

Jaustechdyno22012013_zps1e67fb92.jpg

Edited by Marshstag

hmmm that is a nasty boost drop off.

Do you have a manual or electronic boost controller? If so how is it hooked up?

If not....maybe there is a blockage in the exhaust like a collapsed cat. Boost should stay at the set level, especially with the stock setup

Got my wheels fitted, bushes installed (2 out of the 3 at least, uppers didnt need to be done iirc), coilovers installed and sway bar appropriately adjusted. To say its a minor change would be a huge understatement. Feels SO much tighter and more connected to the road, stoked with the results. I rekon it looks alright too :)

sHW9dyt.jpg

qgIcACp.jpg

8finvTQ.jpg

Nice! That's a lot of handling improvement in one go! Must feel totally different. Gone with the BCs?

Day and night difference. Kicking myself for not going down this route years ago!

I picked up some JIC Coilovers from YAJ some months ago. The rear shocks were apparently crazy short though, so we've not fitted them - I've got Nismo rear shocks in there. Dunno what the deal was with that is, they look new - they technically 'fit' but the length of them sitting on a desk is shorter than the compressed height of the one in my car currently.

hmmm that is a nasty boost drop off.

Do you have a manual or electronic boost controller? If so how is it hooked up?

If not....maybe there is a blockage in the exhaust like a collapsed cat. Boost should stay at the set level, especially with the stock setup

They installed a Turbosmart Boost Tee that day because the EBC was playing up... I can't really tell you how it is hooked up sorry :/

Other mods are:

Greddy Front Mount Intercooler

3" Full stainless steel Fujitsubo exhaust and stainless steel front pipe with 3" Venom 200cpi hi-flow cat

Nistune ECU

Nismo High-Flow Volume Fuel Pump

HKS Panel Filter

It's almost as if the reason Stags have twin sunroofs is to give you perfect in car cam mounts! Nice angle!

Thanks Ryan - I agree, they provide the perfect spot. The back sunroof gives such a massive shot. Too much interior though.

I used a stripped down GPS suction cup mount and secured to the stock waterproof housing as per normal.

About a month ago i finished making my air intake for the stagea. I had started part of it ages ago but never finished it completely.

Temperature at the air filter is up to 6 degrees above ambient on the highway and up to 10 degrees above ambient when stopped and idling for 10mins. This is measured with a multimeter temp probe, the sensor infront of the air filter and also the M1 Yatala digital temp sign!

The old SMIC deflector got a new lease of life to seal to the bonnet and shield around the air filter.

post-58831-0-51284800-1358942804_thumb.jpg

Another thing I have done is used the original boost solenoid to control my bov. I wanted the choice of no bov (flutter), bov (sssschoooooo hks ssq) and something inbetween and random (flutflutschooo) ??

I have run the stock vacuum line from inlet plenum to solenoid, solenoid then goes to "T" piece at bov. 1 part of T goes to bov, the other has a short line with a tiny bee's dick bleed hole. Solenoid is controlled by a button on my gear stick RHS thumb operated.

The solenod is normally closed and will not let vacuum see the bov (flutter)

When i press the button on shift, the bov see's vacuum and a tiny bit is lost to bleed - but is necessary to allow the bov to close when the solenoid closes. Otherwise the solenoid closes with vacuum in the line holding bov open.

The cool bit is it works.

Mine doesn't have sunroof, struggling to find a nice spot to mount it. Tried the rear left window but can't see much on the road....

Mine doesn't have sunroof, struggling to find a nice spot to mount it. Tried the rear left window but can't see much on the road....

+1, still haven't bought a suction mount but im thinking a sneaky mount inside the interior light housing could work

+1, still haven't bought a suction mount but im thinking a sneaky mount inside the interior light housing could work

haha yeah, been thinking about that light housing... was thinking of mounting it on my cargo net somehow, like use the horizontal pole but that would give a really wide view of the interior.

Thought you were Jezboosted for a second and was confused as, dam yellow stags lol