SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

BTW, my HPX pads and DBA rotor combo squeals quite badly. I'm guessing this will settle down eventually?

Also, where can I get a centre badge for the steering wheel, any ideas? It's still got the S15 "S" in the middle.

We have HPX in our daily; the bed in is critical. They seem very susceptible to overheating during bed in; this draws the pad bonding materials to the face of the pad.

All of it was done without going over 60km/h, 10 stops down to 10km/h; no squeaking or squealing.

People think because they're a quasi "performance" pad, that they need to be bedded in at 4 billion km/h and until fire is pouring out through the spokes of the rims.

If they've been overheated in bed-in, they may bed salvageable; but they may not be.

Chamfering the pads may help, as may lubing shims, etc.

The combination of HPX pads & DBA rotors seems to present this issue more often than other combos, but I don't think it is an incompatibility issue per se.

Just got my Stag back from the mechanics after not having it for almost just over 3 weeks. :lol:

Four welch plugs replaced

Turbo swapped to one I provided - stock V45 (old one had a mad squeel and it couldn't have lasted too much longer)

Cam seals

Crank seals

Clutch slave + lines

Some block oil seals that were leaking apparently

Flushes and liquids

But have you made that decision without actually trying it first? I'm guessing you have. While I'll agree that steam cleaning bustier carpets can damage the pile, using a steam cleaner on crotchless carpets can invigorate the weave and provide a pleasant warming sensation. They don't call it a Rug Doctor for nothing you know.

Edited by Hertz Donut

I got my stag 'beached as' yesterday. The driveway at my new place has a ridiculous hump at the start, and I wanted to make sure I would make it over it...

Turns out NOPE! Haha.

So it looks like I will be raising the height an inch or so... Damn... Lol!

I'd just cut up the driveway!!! or buy a new house!!!

Haha! I would definitely redo the driveway if owned the place, but unfortunately just renting... :(

Yeah the two wheel deal happens a lot also... Seriously need to have stern talking to who ever design these driveways... Haha!

Hmm, well I don't think squeal settles, only gets worse in my experience.

Obviously the guys re installed all the shims and things, maybe go through the bedding procedure again, and see what happens. Mechanics tend to be a little fast in the bedding and don't do it properly. If still bad, rip the pads out, clean, reassemble with gunk, and maybe file the pads.

My HPX are perfect on the stagea.

I hope not.

I'm going to check with them, but I'm assuming that the shims went back in.

Still got a Cat in the exhaust?

Yep, it's still there. It has been modified a bit, but not enough to run the risk of a $10k fine from the EPA. Apparently even the best Cats show restrictions, despite what they're supposed to achieve with their advertised flow rates.

We have HPX in our daily; the bed in is critical. They seem very susceptible to overheating during bed in; this draws the pad bonding materials to the face of the pad.

All of it was done without going over 60km/h, 10 stops down to 10km/h; no squeaking or squealing.

People think because they're a quasi "performance" pad, that they need to be bedded in at 4 billion km/h and until fire is pouring out through the spokes of the rims.

If they've been overheated in bed-in, they may bed salvageable; but they may not be.

Chamfering the pads may help, as may lubing shims, etc.

The combination of HPX pads & DBA rotors seems to present this issue more often than other combos, but I don't think it is an incompatibility issue per se.

Well, last night (Friday) I went out for a feed, then took it for a bit of a drive and on the way home I went into a quiet, flat part of the industrial area near home and did some bed-in from roughly 50km/h to 10km/h with a fair bit of pressure, and it helped a fair bit. I did about 7 stops, harder than I normally brake, but not nearly anywhere hard enough to trigger ABS.

When I go for another drive, I'll know for sure. Either way, I have to go back to Unigroup to give feedback on how it's all going, and in case anything needs tweaking, so I'll have a chance to ask about the shims and the brake goo.

got a replacement headlight for my condensation filled passenger light.

gave it a good clean....mmmm

from

IMAG2053_zpse7b0cade.jpg

to

IMAG2056_zps36edf5ab.jpg

sick of the stag looking like it has a black eye.

IMAG2059_zps02655879.jpg

also test fitting eyelids...which i cant seem to get to fit quite right.

IMAG2065_zps56b4b13a.jpg

brought a heap of stuff for the old girl of ebay this morning, got cargo net, nismo springs, rear light to replaced the scratched one, hicus bar, roof racks (will help with moving all the stuff)

It apparently has protectant in it so we shall see how long it lasts.

I've used the same stuff and used all of the sealant on both headlights and now after about 5 months they're starting to yellow again. Probably need to source some more sealer from somewhere...