SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Ok so I fitted the strut brace, and because Im a clumsy dick I made it take much longer than it needed too, as i kept dropping the 12 mm nuts from the strut tops...

So Ive lost one nut... Would I be right to drive it for a day while I get a replacement?

Or is there a less important 12mm nut somewhere on the car I can steal temporarily?

Take it easy and you will be fine - stay away from long jumps through the air :P

The top nuts just hold the shock from falling out at full droop...as long as there is load on the wheel gravity will keep it in place.

When you get to repco or wherever, take off another one to check back - there are multiple "thread pitches" even in the same sized nut. If you get the wrong pitch it will go very tight after about a turn.

just go to a nuts and bolts shop, they will probably be able to get you one with the flared bit like i'm assuming the stock one is

and they should get the pitch correct the first time

Yesterday I finally got round to finishing my gauge install, after nearly a month of having no dash.....

post-78650-0-85526000-1309991041_thumb.jpgpost-78650-0-14703200-1309991068_thumb.jpg

And also wired up the profec all stealthy like, with home made hi/low switch

Just gotta wire up the sensors for the water and oil, plumb the profec *looks at Jase* and change the hi/low switch for one with a led

Then the steath ashtray switch, then....

polished my headlights again. second time in 6 months because i'm a fussy prick.....

this time i used the turtle wax headlight restoration kit - kit is nicely put together, but the results aren't great. think the difference between the heaviest sanding pad and the next one was too great as i did one light 3 times over from heavy to lightest compound, and the scratches are still there.

last time i used glassylite kit and it came out perfect.

glassylite > turtle wax

now i'm going to purchase a 3M professional kit with drill attachments so that i can get the heavy scratches out from the turtle wax kit grrr.....

post-61032-0-76488700-1310015969_thumb.jpg

Picked up the car from the mechanics after the manual conversion, managed to get it out of their driveway after stalling it 3 times whistling.gif

Haven't driven it much yet, but it was driving so well on the way home.

I will need to either move the G sensor and airbag sensor that is under the centre console, or cut the bottom out of the cup holder and centre console box. The mechanic wasn't too keen on moving the sensors, but I am sure that other people have done that without any problems. So anyone who has done it, any advice on that would be welcome.

Had a package arrive just after I got back as well, nismo gearknob, clear indicators and centrecaps for the wheels had arrived from Japan, so i stuck them all on. Was good to get rid of the shitty SCA universal gearknob (which wasnt universal at all) that was currently in the car as well, as it was only on there to be used until the nismo one arrived.

post-61032-0-60174800-1310016002_thumb.jpg

post-61032-0-55833100-1310016200_thumb.jpg

Car is sitting noticeably higher without the auto gearbox in it as well

Shaky photo is shaky, Brian! :P

OK, if you dig deep and do a search, you will find the manual conversion thread, but to save you some effort, here is where the G-sensor is in my car. Note that these are my own photos, but the conversion was done by the guy I bought the car off, so I don't know every detail about the job done...

Handbrake mechanism, airbag sensor and transmission tunnel:

Stageabits014.jpg

Airbag sensor:

Stageabits015.jpg

G-sensor location under the console:

Stageabits003s.jpg

G-sensor under the shifter surround:

Stageabits013.jpg

Oh, you will notice that you can still use the drink holders with little to no trouble of interference with changing gears, so the whole apparent reason for factory manuals not having the drink holders there is bullsh!t, in my opinion.

Yesterday I finally got round to finishing my gauge install, after nearly a month of having no dash.....

post-78650-0-85526000-1309991041_thumb.jpgpost-78650-0-14703200-1309991068_thumb.jpg

And also wired up the profec all stealthy like, with home made hi/low switch

Just gotta wire up the sensors for the water and oil, plumb the profec *looks at Jase* and change the hi/low switch for one with a led

Then the steath ashtray switch, then....

Not a bad job, Glenn, considering that the DIN holder can be a PITA to get sitting right in the space available there. I know this, I bought one and got sick of trying to make it right, so I went to a plastics place and got an off-cut of polyurethane (for free!), then drilled it out.

Where did you put your Profec? Mine now sits above the Defi controller where the ashtray used to be (haven't got a recent pic of both of them in place, unfortunately). Maybe one day I'll actually get around to neatening it up so it looks less like an afterthought...

DefisintheStagea1.jpg

Your not wrong its a PITA, had to cut off the back corner of my water gauge to make it fit link to the install, I think I measured, cut, test fit then re-assessed the situation nearly 50 times! And I thought because they are tilted toward the driver they might be a bit easier to fit in the hole, not so apparently

As for the profec, its under the passenger side dash.post-78650-0-13164900-1310092261_thumb.jpg

It's mounted with velcro and I've left extra wire there so you can hold it closer for setuppost-78650-0-64871500-1310092271_thumb.jpg

My EOFY presents to myself just arrived! They need a little bit of a polish, theres some super light scuffing, nothing I'm at all worried about. Blacked out with squid rings around the smaller lights. Yes, its a bit ricey :ninja:

CVIHS.jpg

Hmm, I was surfing Import Monster @ 4am this morning because I couldn't sleep. Sadly, the LED taillights I would love to buy are still way too expensive to justify, and apparently are a PITA to remove and replace with all the silicone sealant. :(

Shaky photo is shaky, Brian! :P

OK, if you dig deep and do a search, you will find the manual conversion thread, but to save you some effort, here is where the G-sensor is in my car. Note that these are my own photos, but the conversion was done by the guy I bought the car off, so I don't know every detail about the job done...

Handbrake mechanism, airbag sensor and transmission tunnel:

Airbag sensor:

G-sensor location under the console:

G-sensor under the shifter surround:

Oh, you will notice that you can still use the drink holders with little to no trouble of interference with changing gears, so the whole apparent reason for factory manuals not having the drink holders there is bullsh!t, in my opinion.

Yeah the photo was pretty bad lol, only realised once i saw it on the computer screen.

I had seen those photo's before, the G-sensor doesnt look like it will be too bad to move to that position, but it seems that your airbag sensor is still in the factory position. Will be taking a look at it over the weekend anyway.

And yeah, the drink holders wont interfere with gear changes at all by the looks of it.

Hmm, I was surfing Import Monster @ 4am this morning because I couldn't sleep. Sadly, the LED taillights I would love to buy are still way too expensive to justify, and apparently are a PITA to remove and replace with all the silicone sealant. :(

If you browse IM whilst drunk it becomes a lot easier to justify :whistling:

If you browse IM whilst drunk it becomes a lot easier to justify :whistling:

Never EVER do that!

I've had to ban myself from ebay and IM whilst drunk... my poor wallet just doesn't allow it... feels mistreated...

currently steam cleaning the stag as per the might mods youtube vid.

i thought my car was ultra clean, until i started this process - 12 years of dirt buildup in the carpets and upholstery - phwoar!

good feeling to know it's clean as the day it rolled out of the factory. next step is the engine bay. not looking forward to it.

Never EVER do that!

I've had to ban myself from ebay and IM whilst drunk... my poor wallet just doesn't allow it... feels mistreated...

Damn..... Is that the reason I have shut arrive that I don't remember buying!!!!