SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

You getting a cat in there somewhere?

I still have the stock dump pipe which has a cat in it.

Does the M35 chuck a CEL if you have a decat pipe? Need some sort of resistor or something?

There is no wiring to the front pipe cat, no code has been thrown yet though I do still have the stock dump with cat

Edited by Ross

Im unsure if the dump has a Cat sensor, never really had a good look in there due to lack of space.

Already having a cat back in place, installing the front pipe gave a noticeable mid range power increase. Exhaust noise level is slightly up on idle and power but nothing huge.

The most notable change to the noise is the idle now has a slight "throb" to it, much like many RB engined cars.

Aren't we all funny bastards tonight?! :nyaanyaa:

I'd think you'd be better off getting rid of the cat in the dump pipe, going with a nice new dump that actually flows, and putting a high flow cat in the Kakimoto pipe?

And no Jase, no cat sensor! :banana:

I can do one for $450 in stainless with heat wrap, lower gaskets and bolts, o2 bung etc. You will need to source some shorter studs or shorten the stock ones.

Let me know, im making a few up this week. :thumbsup:

lol a few?

Nope, no sensors after the cat, just the narrowband right after the turbo. Now you need one of my dump pipes :whistling: although the Kakimoto has a restriction at the front flange you will need to enlarge...

This is excellent news!

Anyone that is running the Neo Racing oil - are you using the Platinum 10w40 or the Gold? The service interval difference is big but I don't do that many km's and will change the oil well before 40,000kms anyway.

yeah, I have. Good stuff.

40,000 is a bit optimistic though. 12-15,000 or normal driving is plausible though.

Supposedly if you change the filter at least 3-4 times during the 40,000K's it should be alright.

Me, I think I'll just stick with a "full" synthetic for $55 and change every 7,500k's.....

Supposedly if you change the filter at least 3-4 times during the 40,000K's it should be alright.

Me, I think I'll just stick with a "full" synthetic for $55 and change every 7,500k's.....

But you'd be changing the filter without changing the oil... would you really want to do that?

I think I'd rather stick with my 5000k changes, depending on what the Motul looks like when I drop it.