SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

But you'd be changing the filter without changing the oil... would you really want to do that?

Yeah I know, that's the weird thing about it! I'm not sure. I just like the feeling of changing the filter AND the oil at the same time. Kind of like changing your jocks AND your socks...

More expensive than what? $65 is about half what I paid for Motul... Platinum seems to be around the same price, maybe slightly cheaper.

Just more expensive than a normal synthetic.

$65 is reasonable enough for me. Might order some soon.

Ahh ok, so that is the big difference between the Neo Gold and Platinum? Gold is a "full synthetic" while Platinum is a 100% synthetic?

No idea. Ask Craig or Cam. Craig loves the Platinum and Cam is an oil geek.

I can't find enough concrete information on the NEO oils, except for the info on the can, which I find weird...

I am running Nismo competition oil (which is made by Motul) just because I got it at a good price but was planning to run Motul anyway. I am getting the oil tested at regular intervals and plan to keep it in the car as long as the tests show its ok but will change the oil filter more frequently. I will be running an thermostatically controlled oil cooler and will monitor oil pressures and temperatures. But at the next change I will try the top Agip oil which is also a fully synthetic oil and do the same monitoring as it is half the price of the Motul. If it doesn't match tne Motul in every respect I will stick with the Motul.

new tie rod ends in, and aligned

just a small +54.2mm of toe after i changed the tie rod ends :-O

lucky beaurepairs is only like 3 kms away

Jayzus! That would surely have been worth a photo!:whistling:

Others have asked about it; what joints did you end up using, and have you added it to the C34 info?:thumbsup: