SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Installed Dolphin triple gauge pod, the Defi's stand out slighly less now also thinking i'll install a bypass switch so i can turn the gauges off at night/ RBTs and such

Moved the AVC-R to the top of the steering column, Cant quite see 0-20Km and then 140+ on the speedo and bellow 2k on the tacho. Can't really imagine this being a problem and i can have the AVC-R display speed if i'm at the track/strip.

Instaled and M35 steering wheel a bit of messing around to get it to fit but it looks great. Anyone else done this swap? I haven't plugged the airbag in yet as it has been suggested to me that the C34 computer might not like the newer airbag and things could end badly...

Wraped a pair of Dolphin eyelids in carbon and stuck them on, they look ok but i think i'll give them a couple of coats of clear to get the genuine carbon look.

Installed new 55W/4300K HIDs, much brighter than the ones than the car had in it from Japan.

I should be getting the bodywork/kit fixed up in the next couple of weeks.

Oil change done with Royal Purple, Ryco filter, old stuff was pretty black, have decided i will now be doing them on 7,500kms rather than the 10,000kms the workshop suggested when i had all fluids changed when i bought it. Also attached the new AFM plug which has made a difference to the way it idles (in a good way). So pretty happy atm. Only have to get passenger side cv boots done as they are split and car will be perfect. maybe next payday i think.

Oil change done with Royal Purple, Ryco filter, old stuff was pretty black, have decided i will now be doing them on 7,500kms rather than the 10,000kms the workshop suggested when i had all fluids changed when i bought it. Also attached the new AFM plug which has made a difference to the way it idles (in a good way). So pretty happy atm. Only have to get passenger side cv boots done as they are split and car will be perfect. maybe next payday i think.

Don't leave it too long, otherwise you'll chew out a CV and that ends up a fair bit move expensive.

Just changed the oil and filter. Ended up with a genuine Nissan filter (probably a waste of money) and Motul 8100 Excess 5w40. Going to find something better for next oil change but it needed to be done. Pulled the turbo banjo bolt too and checked to make sure that it wasn't clogged, it was very clean so I'm guessing either the previous owner checked it or I am lucky enough to have a very well looked after car. Either way I'm happy.

Just changed the oil and filter. Ended up with a genuine Nissan filter (probably a waste of money) and Motul 8100 Excess 5w40. Going to find something better for next oil change but it needed to be done. Pulled the turbo banjo bolt too and checked to make sure that it wasn't clogged, it was very clean so I'm guessing either the previous owner checked it or I am lucky enough to have a very well looked after car. Either way I'm happy.

:thumbsup:

same here put in some royal purple and an oil filter change, pulled out the bango bolt and it was spotless but i drilled it out anyways

smelt that sweet coolant smell opened the bonnet and what do you know cracked radator top tank just what i needed one week from my wedding found a new better 3 core radator and new hoses and high flow thermostat and fitted it all now alls good and only cost $450.00 back on the road again

Fitted 350z D2 coilovers into the M35... Been laying frame all night. Tomorrow removing inner guards, rolling outer guards and changing tires from 245/45/18 to 215/35/18....

Pics up in the morning

D2 coilovers

ewwww

well someone f'ed up on my car

steering felt very loose on my way home a few days after my alignment

jacked it up and i was greeted by no split pins in both sides and the tie rod end castle nuts were very loose pinch.gif

ewwww

well someone f'ed up on my car

steering felt very loose on my way home a few days after my alignment

jacked it up and i was greeted by no split pins in both sides and the tie rod end castle nuts were very loose pinch.gif

FFS! How bloody hard is it to do a job properly...:rolleyes:

That's just pathetic; I hope you went back and gave it to them?

Don't leave it too long, otherwise you'll chew out a CV and that ends up a fair bit move expensive.

yeah i know i had the drivers side done the other week which is when they noticed that other side is split too, drivers side was the worst, ill be very lucky if i don't have to replace that as the inner boot was almost non existant, fingers crossed though.

was thinking about it

maybe i will come monday

I think it's probably worth your while; that's a bloody expensive mistake if the car owner isn't 100% switched on.

Obviously don't go in and go bananas, but definitely see if you can speak to the owner, and have a rational discussion about the incident.

Mistakes happen, but if no one makes it known; they can't alter their work procedure. A simple tick sheet can avoid these kinds of issues.

Quick phone photo.. Proper cam photos later.

50mm clearance on chassis.. Can't even get a credit card between the guard lip and rear tire....

fark thats low, looks awesome! hows it drive ?

it looks awesome!!!

but i bet it handles like ass. no offence, but youve put your whole suspension geometry out of whack. i bet the LCAs are angled up all round.

TBH, handling isn't what i'm worried about... Considering I have a proper track car to take care of my speed needs. This really only sees city driving 50km/h, with the occasional beach cruise.

And from a quick look, nothings too badly angled. It handles better than it did before, i'll say that much... lol

Quick phone photo.. Proper cam photos later.

50mm clearance on chassis.. Can't even get a credit card between the guard lip and rear tire....

IMG_20111030_172949.jpg

Top stuff! :blink:

If I did that; I wouldn't even be able to get out of my garage...

I guess that would save on tyre wear.:thumbsup: