SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

+2735463454596 on the transgo kit :)

also, youll need calipers to get the circlips out, and a drift to remove the spider gear from the end of the shaft, then you can push the old boot off, new one on and regrease and assemble

Just finished pulling out the drivers front drive shaft so I can drop it off tomorrow and get a new inner boot fitted. Also pulled out both front upper arms to get the stock bushes pushed out so I can finally fit the offset bushes to them. Now Im about to start fitting the trans cooler, I like productive days!

Edited by slippylotion

PM Jetwreck aka Craig. He does great prices On them. If your in Adelaide I can fit it for $250 plus oil.

Cheers i will check with the Minister for Finance (missus) and PM jetwreck for a price

what difference does it make to the feel of the car??

It will firm up the shifts between gears, and make the shift marginally quicker. As our cars back out timing during gearshifts anyway the shift is never too clunky as with older cars.

Get on to Craig and order the kit, it will prolong the life of your trans. See if you can get a trans cooler on at the same time, preferably with a thermostat inline.

g'day guys,

had the stag in at ferntree gully nissan the other day for a service found 2 fault codes [p0744,p0754] both gearbox related so i took the car to rvo automatics.well i just got the car back today after having a rvo shift kit fitted,let me just say WOW the car feels awsome anybody thinking of this just do it. troy

removed all the un used stereo wirring that ran to the back of the car which was left in there from japan!

also pulled out my fuel pump to check if it has been upgraded from the standard R33 GTR item, Unfortunately it hasn't been.

need to sell it to upgrade to 040 or nismo

It will firm up the shifts between gears, and make the shift marginally quicker. As our cars back out timing during gearshifts anyway the shift is never too clunky as with older cars.

Get on to Craig and order the kit, it will prolong the life of your trans. See if you can get a trans cooler on at the same time, preferably with a thermostat inline.

"It will firm up the shifts between gears"....this when under full load..........under light everyday driving you will find you don't feel most of the gear changes at all!

@Tronzstagea: Is it RVO's kit or the Transgo kit that they use? Do you know exactly what they have done to the VB? e.g. Different Spings, different shafts or have they just upped the line pressure?

Edited by Jetwreck