SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

There is no solenoid, only a coil for the cam actuation. It is the blue plug on the cover you see. Perhaps you didn't seat the coil properly when you reassembled?

There is a good chance the sensor/sensors are starting to fail, I would change both cam sensors (on the back of the heads) and see how you go.

THANX HKS! I still got more bits to get like tyres for the V35 rims n gotta get the R34 calipers rebuilt. U the best :D.

Can I repay you with BJ's? xD

Edited by M35woah

THANX HKS! I still got more bits to get like tyres for the V35 rims n gotta get the R34 calipers rebuilt. U the best :D.

Can I repay you with BJ's? xD

Care to elaborate the BJ part???

Sumitomo kits are about $30- $50 on Fleabay ;http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-Skyline-Sumitomo-4-Piston-BRAKE-SEAL-REBUILD-KIT-Front-Disc-Brake-Caliper-/400486674567?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d3eddb087&_uhb=1

When I stripped & rebuilt my Sumitimo's; the seals were so good I ended up re-using them. A bath in some hot, soapy water and they were good to go.

Admittedly, they looked like they'd done very little work.

I'm not sure, I guess theyre Sumitimo's. I havent looked at them in months, They came off a wrecked stagea I bought the manual conversion kit.

My guess is they were an upgrade from the standad front brake set up

im currently trying to source r32 gtr front brakes with no luck. Its like all set have been snapped up lately and people selling them want 4 - 500 just for front.....

Aren't 34 brakes more bolt on for m35s with the whole 14mm bolt thing?

32R brakes are 296x32, but 34gtt brakes are 310x30 which is better in my mind

Fair enough, if you stumble across some 34 brakes you can run those without your shims

Just for reference:

Brakes_nissan_table.gif

With anything R34 using 14mm bolts and everything else using 12mm bolts (need to have shims for S2 C34's and M35's)