SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Now your talking scotty one set for street and the other for track ;). Just dont tell the missus!!

I was still surprised as they pulled me up pretty well for most of the 3 laps just had to brake alittle earlier as i wasnt super confident with them and im no expert on the track as it was my first time at a real track.. Good day out and surprised a shit load of people as im the loan wolf at the moment in tuned stags over here.

Replaced shocks all round, and bled the callipers since i was there.

Also - HPX are hopeless for track work. I know two people who tried tand both were miserable failures.... A1RMs are a whole different story, but i would expect they would be tough on rotors if you used them for street. Cold bite is not great either, so agree that pads are the #1 thing to swap in and out for track days (or maybe #2 after tyres).

I've actually heard that if used hot they are good on rotors

Street work (cold) is what kills the rotors with the ar1m's

18 x 9.5 +22 Volk Rays Gram Lights 57DR in black

235/35/18 Federal 595 RSR's

GK Tech V2 adjustable Rear Camber & Toe Arms

'93 R32 GTR Pull type gearbox

Extreme cushion button clutch (installed by Kidafa, thanks kid!)

Nismo GT Gear Knob

Greddy Informometer

Pioneer DEX-P99RS

JL Audio C5 6.5" Splits

Series 3 R33 GT-R seats

Greddy catch can w/ speedflow lines & fittings

Setrab oil cooler w/ speedflow lines & fittings

New Nissan Thermostat

Radiator flushed

AM Performance low mount manifold

AM Performance split dump

Garrett GT3076R w/ speedflow lines & fittings

Tial 44mm external Wastegate

Splitfires

Deatschwerk 1000cc injectors

Walbro e85 fuel pump

E85 tune

Ran 290rwkw on the heartbreaker dyno...

Now more serious, new build 50% complete:

Tomei Rods

Tomei Pistons

Tomei Oil Pump

Tomei Sump Baffle

N1 Water Pump

Ross Harmonic Balancer

Deck Shaved

Head fully reco'd

Oil control mods

Supertech Valve Springs and Titanium Retainers

Tomei 256 Poncams

ID1000 injectors with fuel rail and Turbosmart ext. Fuel pressure regulator

Still e85 of course :D

I think that's it, I'll update with the dyno sheet when it's all done... :)

Excellent ! Well done what psi you running , sounds like time for some photos to come up, and start sourcing a rs4s rear cradle ;) axles go snap soon

Excellent ! Well done what psi you running , sounds like time for some photos to come up, and start sourcing a rs4s rear cradle ;) axles go snap soon

I'll be aiming for over 20 once the build is finished, I'm guessing 22ish, or wherever the 3076r runs out of efficiency really. I'm hoping it will be finished in 5 weeks, still waiting on the jun extended crank collar for the Tomei pump. Pistons/rods are going in as we speak and I'm pretty sure the head will be finished by now... I'm going in to check on progress next week when I get home, I'll take some pictures and report back then :)

At what power level do the rear axles become questionable?

I'll be aiming for over 20 once the build is finished, I'm guessing 22ish, or wherever the 3076r runs out of efficiency really. I'm hoping it will be finished in 5 weeks, still waiting on the jun extended crank collar for the Tomei pump. Pistons/rods are going in as we speak and I'm pretty sure the head will be finished by now... I'm going in to check on progress next week when I get home, I'll take some pictures and report back then :)

At what power level do the rear axles become questionable?

Impressive specifications! (should have got the crank collar from me though...ahem). I guess you will be looking for around 350awkw? Your skinny tyres (would be illegal over here) might save you but I would be looking to upgrade especially if you are going to drag it.

What brand is the rad; looks huge! I take it that it sits a bit too far back to fit the shroud?

Im not sure what brand it is but its 3 times as thick as the old one! had to get one hacked up to fit in, yep fan just clears the rad by about and inch or so

very nice suction pipe!

P.S. Without the fan shroud I suggest you do some shielding in front of the pod to get rid of the hot air.....remember the heat sensor is in our AFM and it will affect your power through traffic.

Thanks its a bit of mix of scottys one, the shielding sounds like a good idea ill look into it at some stage

Impressive specifications! (should have got the crank collar from me though...ahem). I guess you will be looking for around 350awkw? Your skinny tyres (would be illegal over here) might save you but I would be looking to upgrade especially if you are going to drag it.

He he, I didn't even know you sold them :P I got the jun one through Jesse, it cost around aud$100 so I was happy with that :)

The federal 595rsrs are known to fit wider, more like 245... but if I have to upgrade then so be it :D I'll probably have to look out for one now...

I'd be happy with anything over 330wkw really, I'm not that crazy for power and not yet willing to upgrade the turbo again so we'll just max out the 3076 and I'll be happy... for now :)

235/35/18 Federals on 18x9.5 +22 gram lights :)

Very nice :)

My axles held up well on the street but first second they saw a the track with vht on it snap!!! Just finished putting in rs4s rear cradle with a 2way in it . 350 is a good aim After that your leaning hard on the drive line but not so bad in an auto , was going to pushy old girl a fair bit harder put the built motor in do a dog box change turbo push towards high 400s ,basically it's like starting again lol . But I thought I've already reached my set goal and haven't turned boost up yet or my wmi on . So might buy another toy instead ;)

What size rear you running on 3076r

235/35/18 Federals on 18x9.5 +22 gram lights :)

My axles held up well on the street but first second they saw a the track with vht on it snap!!! Just finished putting in rs4s rear cradle with a 2way in it . 350 is a good aim After that your leaning hard on the drive line but not so bad in an auto , was going to pushy old girl a fair bit harder put the built motor in do a dog box change turbo push towards high 400s ,basically it's like starting again lol . But I thought I've already reached my set goal and haven't turned boost up yet or my wmi on . So might buy another toy instead ;)

It's a 0.82 rear. There are a few little things left to do to it, but like you I don't feel the need to spend much more from here :)

57DR in the box...

post-36265-0-07202400-1380585773_thumb.png