SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Done.

LOL...I don't mind...I just dont think they'll be as good value as a set of BC's!

I'm just worried that the front bar won't last long when lowered...look at the last pic! I won't be able to get away with that anymore!

You're right; BC's are the biz. Sorry Iain :nyaanyaa: It'll look solid with a bit of low.

Don't worry about the front bar; thats why touch up paint was invented...

Oh, so that's why you have BC's on your car! :P

actually i always wanted coilovers and i bought the BCs before i stephens wreck...... so thats why!

i like a VERY firm ride, and the nismos arent stiff enough for my liking.

So if you like your ride so firm, what setting are you running on?

I think I saw where you changed yours from setting 3 to softest setting.. Is that right? If so, that makes the BC's a pretty firm coil over IMO.

At the risk of being too far off topic, I'm wanting BC's to lower the car but don't want to impact ride too much. It will already be affected slightly with the swaybars that are coming soon.

Can anyone tell me how much ride "quality" is affected by shock valving & how much by spring rates?

I can get the BC's with lower spring rates but not shock rates / valving.

So if you like your ride so firm, what setting are you running on?

I think I saw where you changed yours from setting 3 to softest setting.. Is that right? If so, that makes the BC's a pretty firm coil over IMO.

At the risk of being too far off topic, I'm wanting BC's to lower the car but don't want to impact ride too much. It will already be affected slightly with the swaybars that are coming soon.

Can anyone tell me how much ride "quality" is affected by shock valving & how much by spring rates?

I can get the BC's with lower spring rates but not shock rates / valving.

It was actually me who wound the damping back to full soft. That was after I fitted the GB swaybars, as I'd been using the firmer damping to make the car more direct on turn in. After the bars it became like an apex seeking missile, so I was able to back it off and still have brilliant turn in, AND excellent ride. They have an extremely compliant ride. Iain runs his much firmer than I do, but I don't feel it's necessary.

i wound mine up further. im running about 9-10 in the front and 7-8 in the rear. i think im going to soften the front and stiffen the rear for some sideways bias.

front springs are 10kg/mm rears are 12kg/mm

one day ill go even firmer and see how that goes, but not on sydney roads lol

OK, thanks Dale.

Ride comfort is a very subjective thing. Your comfortable ride could be my kidney damaging, wife screaming future :blink:

I tend to think your ride probably is excellent, but I lack the confidence to just go & buy the BC's with standard spring rates.

It a little puzzling why most guys (maybe Iain excluded) run the damper settings pretty close to the soft end of the spectrum. You'd think that if BCR got their product right, the majority of M35 drivers would be on about the middle setting, with the Iain's of the world at the upper end and luxo lovers like me at 5 clicks from soft :/ .

I hate the idea driving at full soft and then having no where to go in that direction for those special occasions when comfort is most important.

Would 2 or so kg less in spring rates help or just bugger the handling?

to be honest they are real nice on the softest setting. not harsh but quite firm. nothing that even MY wife complained about. hence why its taken me 3 goes to get to the adjustment im at; mostly so she doesnt notice. now that it hurts her chest (like my old car) she is starting to complain lol

i dont think the spring rate would affect it much, that said, apparently scott has his BCs set around the middle of the setting, the damper settings may go even softer. but youll need to ask him, i think he has the 1100 model (cant remember the exact model sorry) however dale and myself both have the 1300 BC set.

ask craig about the nismos if youre interested in them, also stephen when he is back online as they came from his car.

Had a busy day on the Stagea today... Had 4 new Falken 912 tyres fitted today and a 4 wheel alignment. Think these will be better than my cheap RV tyres.. lol

Also made a little mod to the blow off valve to block off the small hole to improve boost response.

Had a busy day on the Stagea today... Had 4 new Falken 912 tyres fitted today and a 4 wheel alignment. Think these will be better than my cheap RV tyres.. lol

Also made a little mod to the blow off valve to block off the small hole to improve boost response.

What did they find with the alignment? Any clue to that weird Tyre wear?