SAU Community

Rb26 Oil Pump

32gtrsteve

you'd want to tap into the sump wouldnt you?

because there wouldnt be any oil in the pump until the car is cranked/running?

but it would suck from the same place (oil pick up) and put back in the pressure side to go to the oil filter . it wouldn't be able to suck thro the standard oil pump because of the gears ?

whats the point of doing it. its not like engines have ever had an issue with starting on a normal oil pump before.

more for the fact that if your standard pump shit it self you have some chance of saving the motor

yeah ok fair point, im not sure that you would have enough power in the electric pump to supply the oil

yeah im with this, if you need something large to get the oil round in the first place, i dont think a small 12v pump would help much,

be better off with a good oil pump (nitto or jap brands), or external wet setup.

Would be better off to use a pressure switch for an engine cut, by time the small pump kicks in the damage would be done

but it would suck from the same place (oil pick up) and put back in the pressure side to go to the oil filter . it wouldn't be able to suck thro the standard oil pump because of the gears ?

thats what i was thinking, because of the position they may be in

For the money you'd spend on the pump, modifications, hoses, and fittings, you may as well have bought a jun/nitto pump anyway. Engine alarms and kill switches are the go to prevent engine death in the event of oil pressure loss, or accumulators if you want to protect against oil pressure surge as well.

yeah, just buy a decent pump and a warning, in a built engine with crankcollar, and nitto/jap pump they can handle 9000rpm+ launchs without breaking.

seems more of a waste of effort and money to do it with a standard pump.

get the accumulator, but like mentioned in the other thread and on the site, those setups are for big hp and serious race cars

Edited by jangles

I wouldn't bother farting around with the oil pump... If you wanted to add an electric pump, you would install it as a redundant/seperate system.... with it's own oil pick up, filter and feed into the oil galleries.

I'm just going to use the largest accumulator or 'accusump' I can fit, along with a good oil pump and oil pump drive.

J.