SAU Community

Need Help on Blitz spec S settings

vindicator

I just installed a Blitz Dual SBC Spec S on my r33gtst .... was wondering what is the settings on the the unit itself..... has anyone fitted it on their skyline?? i'm thinking of upping my boost to 0.8 bar.... how do i go about it?? coz my manual is in japanese..... any help will be appreciated..... thanks... =)

cheers :D

Jackson :headspin:

I don't have my car at the moment.. but from memory run gain at 15, and i have my 4 settings at 15, 25, 35, 45.

setting 3 gives about 0.8 bar, setting 2 about 0.65 bar on my car.

put gain up too high and you get huge boost spikes, too low and it takes forever to reach full boost. from 10-20 gain seems to work on the ones i've seen.

try that. of course that's with the mods in my sig. if you have no dump/exhaust done you might need to up those numbers a little to compensate for the lower airflow.

thanks beeble.... but i'm running gain=20 and the four settings are 20,25,30,35

but in "m" mode... my peak is only 0.46 hkpa.... which on my mechanical boost guage is only 0.45 kpa equivilent of only 0.5bar or psi.... not much from stock... but better response as in faster spoolup.... but then my dump and exhaust is all stock as well as my cat convertor.... was wondering did i install it wrongly or did i tap my boost signal from the wrong outlet... i tapped it from the hose tat goes into my blowoff valve.... tried other settings but still a max of 0.46hkpa...

i'm using the newer generation of the blitz dual sbc spec s.... wondering is there a difference... and i'm driving an auto trans r33 gtst 4 door sII , stock intercooler, stock turbo.

any ideas for me to achieve my desired boost??

any ideas would be appreciated.... thanks... :(

cheers :/

Jackson :headspin:

yeah i'm stock cooler and turbo aswell, with 3 inch system and "high flow" cat, if there is such a thing.

i T'd the boost guage for the EBC into the line from the manifold to the fuel reg... i'm told though this is a bit of a no-no because if the hose splits or comes off, your fuel supply gets all f#%&d up and you can do some serious damage to your internals!! so will probably change that when i get my car back.

vindicator - maybe if you could put up some photos of your plumbing we might have an idea if it's right or not. but i'm no expert!!! i installed mine myself with the help of photos from Mr GTST in WA.. his worked and so did mine :D he might still have them if you PM him.

thanks beeble.... will post the pics of my installation as soon i get a digital cam from my friend and download it into my pc....i have also noticed somthing funny about my blitz sbc.... when i'm in modes 1,2,3 or 4.... when i'min the boost range... it screen just blanks off and only comes back on when it's in the vacuum range... but that does not happen in "m" mode.... is it the same for you blitz SBC??? which modes do you normally switch to?? Is it normal for the screen to blank off just like tat??

cheers

Jackson

"m" mode - you don't want that. that uses a MAP sensor which you probably don't have! when you turn on ignition, should just have "warn" at the bottom and a number 1 thru 4 at the top. also "peak" at the left hand side. i don't use scramble boost at all.

the geocities link in this thread is what i used to set mine up, print it off and sit in your car and have a fiddle

mine does show positive pressure... when negative it's in kPa, when positive it's in bar. something doesn't sound right in your setup i'm afraid. never blanks out at all.

let me know how you go.

hey beeble...checked my wiring and found that my grounding or negative cable to my blitz dual SBC is not making any good ground... which explains why my screen goes blank when on boost in modes 1- 4..... now manage to get 0.52 hkpa with gain 15 and ratio of 35 on mode 4... dunno what it is in psi or bar.... funny... with the new gen spec s/r... there is no bar in the boost mode as compared to the old sbc.... wondering if it's hkpa is the same as bar....anyway thanks for your help beeble as well as aurora......

keep me informed of the settings on your skyline when you get it back beeble....

cheers

Jackson