SAU Community

Altezza Lights

be VERY careful if you purchase these lights. remember in the US they drive on the other side of the road, so the headlights are setup the opposite way. if you were to install their lights on your car, youd blind the oncoming traffic, and not be able to see the LH side of the road properly.

One of V35 coupe owner here in WA got a black one. I think he said he adjusted the RH side to shine the light at lower level, same as the LH side one. I am going to check on this once he get back from holiday, and I might be getting one. :)

Typically, it's not totally legal in Australia.

Edited by Victor.T

i already have 06 model lights imported from infiniti us installed on the car. it need little adjustment to three screws inside the light assembly. ferntree gully nissan qouted me 2500$ for each headlight which was not even projectors ,went to infiniti us website bought both left and right plus left hand side power window motor including shipping for 800 AU$ genuine and brandnew.

so back to question i think chrome one is better.

cheers

post-56662-0-04303000-1294181252_thumb.jpg

couldnt you just adjust the "toe" of the headlights so it goes in the other direction?

I dont think anything "modified" on our car is legal unless engineered. it really doesnt stop any of us.

Personal choice, is Black it would look nicer.

im not sure of the exact configuration of the US headlights, but generally the beam is modified by the projector itself, hence my warning.

anyway, looks like people are putting them on anyway and blinding on-coming traffic lol

so you'll make a few people blind, and potentially crash and die.. no biggy..

haha joke.. if they look good, I would just angle em a different way.

I'm probably doing the same damage having 8000k HID's without projector lenses so im not one to be a Hypocrite :D

The projectors themselves are different for left & right hand drives. The housing does not change. Inside the projector unit is a "cutoff" plate which controls high/low beam. This plate is angled in a way to bias the light beam away from oncoming traffic. No adjusting of the US projectors is going to prevent glare and using US spec headlights will void insurance and likely earn you a defect notice.

As for colour, you look like you have a Black on black scheme goin on. I'd go black bezel with chrome shrouds on the projectors.

Edited by mosoto

The projectors themselves are different for left & right hand drives. The housing does not change. Inside the projector unit is a "cutoff" plate which controls high/low beam. This plate is angled in a way to bias the light beam away from oncoming traffic. No adjusting of the US projectors is going to prevent glare and using US spec headlights will void insurance and likely earn you a defect notice.

As for colour, you look like you have a Black on black scheme goin on. I'd go black bezel with chrome shrouds on the projectors.

Yeah, it is a risk.

But they look nice. :P

I'm probably doing the same damage having 8000k HID's without projector lenses so im not one to be a Hypocrite :D

not really, the difference is that our cars are designed to have HIDs from factory, we arent getting retro kit for an older car.

D2Rs are for our cars, D2S are for projector.

nop u wrong mate , u have to loose a screw at the top and tighten the screw on the bottom of the projector holding bracket to make it look downwords.

thats just the adjustment that all headlights have, he is talking about the actual beam projected outside the car.

have you ever noticed that the light is not straight? it goes up at the left. in the USA, it goes up at the right. if you drive with US headlights in australia, youll blind the people coming towards you.

ill find a picture somewhere.

Exactly, Thanks Lain. Yes Awais, you may think you can adjust out the camber on the beam but even if you could you will not get correct aim and you will be rendering your headlights useless.

You should research the mechanics of the projector lights before you make comment, it makes you look noob :).

Besides, why risk voiding insurance. If you have a serious accident your insurance WILL NOT honour a claim if any parts on your car do not meet ADR. It will not matter if that part had absolutely nothing to do with the accident.

Exactly, Thanks Lain. Yes Awais, you may think you can adjust out the camber on the beam but even if you could you will not get correct aim and you will be rendering your headlights useless.

You should research the mechanics of the projector lights before you make comment, it makes you look noob :).

Besides, why risk voiding insurance. If you have a serious accident your insurance WILL NOT honour a claim if any parts on your car do not meet ADR. It will not matter if that part had absolutely nothing to do with the accident.

yes but they are cheaper than he was quoted for the correct items that will NOT earn him a defect and void his insurance and they will impress the chicks why would he not buy them... (/sarcasm)

not really, the difference is that our cars are designed to have HIDs from factory, we arent getting retro kit for an older car.

D2Rs are for our cars, D2S are for projector.

oh to be honest I dont know what that is. i just bough universal replacements in 8000k, which will probably last a year. but meh..

Exactly, Thanks Lain.

haha Lain