SAU Community

Altezza Lights

so... to see if i can rescue the thread...

Given that what i gather the op wanted was the housings (the projectors just happen to be a part of that)

and given the fact that the reflectors are highbeam only and should be used when traffic is around anyway...

anyone know what it would take to buy a set.. and swap the projectors with a JDM projector??

All of u are right but ur forgetting one thing these headlights are made by humans just like us not God we CAN modifiy them any way we can with just a little bit of skill and lots of common sense.

Btw the headlights i bought from infinit us for 800$ is not an aftermarket replacement but it is 100% genuine Nissan product .

Ok for the sake of argument lets assume u can never correct a left hand drive headlight and ur involved in an accident the headlight will be f**ked any way for insurance investigation.

trust me there is a adjustment inside the headlight to make projector look up or down or even left and right.

But since all of you are rocket scientists and knows ur shit like me so You electrical,magnetical, nuclear, supernatural,chemical mechanical biotechnicals geo physicist engineers are correct , Happy now?.

cheers

Remember a half empy glass of water is also half full of water too.

Edited by whisper that roars

All of u are right but ur forgetting one thing these headlights are made by humans just like us not God we CAN modifiy them any way we can with just a little bit of skill and lots of common sense.

Btw the headlights i bought from infinit us for 800$ is not an aftermarket replacement but it is 100% genuine Nissan product .

Ok for the sake of argument lets assume u can never correct a left hand drive headlight and ur involved in an accident the headlight will be f**ked any way for insurance investigation.

trust me there is a adjustment inside the headlight to make projector look up or down or even left and right.

But since all of you are rocket scientists and knows ur shit like me so You electrical,magnetical, nuclear, supernatural,chemical mechanical biotechnicals geo physicist engineers are correct , Happy now?.

cheers

Remember a half empy glass of water is also half full of water too.

someones on their rags.

im really not trying to put down your idea, i never said they were crap lights or anything negative, i only said that US headlights can NOT be used in RHD vehicles.

no amount of adjusting will correct the way the projector is configured, yes you might be able to use a JDM projector in the headlight unit, but this will mean disassembling the headlight unit and then glueing it back together. not impossible!

seeing as youre going to do it anyway, and if your insurance doesnt pay out, please dont come on here crying when your $40,000 car is now worth $2k.

please dont post on a public forum and then throw the CORRECT information back into the faces of the people who are only trying to help.

The chances of finding JDM projectors is slim and they're expensive, so RHD specific retrofit parts are the next best option. Having said that, I wouldn't have purchased USDM lights in the first place as we've already stated they are not suitable.

In the case of claiming in an accident, the Insurance company will try to get out of a claim any legal way they can. You're car will be thoroughly investigated for any unspecified modifications & customising to use as an excuse not to pay out.

Here Awais, do some homework on how to retrofit the projectors. You might go that step further and look at a Quad setup. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to separate fact from fiction :rolleyes:

http://g35driver.com/forums/lighting-177/ - lighting secion

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/ - HID forums

http://store.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=153&osCsid=e4f32fb9dec0508940f6a2d5685f3015 - parts supplier

http://www.auto-electronic.net/INFINITI-FX35-Bi-xenon-Projectors.htm - another parts supplier

we CAN modifiy them any way we can with just a little bit of skill and lots of common sense.

Blanket statement which is not entirely correct, any modification to your headlights not meeting ADR or NCOP can still result in a defect notice.

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/vsb_ncop.aspx

Genuine Nissan USA still doesn't make them original AU fitment when you're talking LHD v's RHD headlights. Yes you can adjust the projectors left/right & up/down to a minimal degree, but how do you "twist" the projector so the beam cutoff is angled the correct way?. If it was so do-able as you say then all LHD & RHD cars models would share the same projector unit.

i think there are companies that modify your lights (they are in japan) and send them back to you.

import monster can/might facilitate that procedure for you. but you MIGHT need to purchase the lights from the yahoo auctions (via import monster) for them to then resend them to the company who modifies them.

there are several options for you.

mark,

you are trying to re'educate the educated ignorant. give up :)

Is that a grammatical error Chris?:laugh: Honestly everyone here bar one person gets it !!!!

Some people just can't take good advice.:blink:

Edited by mosoto

Is that a grammatical error Chris?:laugh: Honestly everyone here bar one person gets it !!!!

Thanx mosoto for the compliment.

Edited by whisper that roars

Thanx mosoto for the compliment.

sorry to say, but he wasnt complimenting you

There are quite a few V35 lights on Yahoo in Japan, some secondhand and some aftermarket (some with rings, anybody gone down this path?

I went down this path on the V35 we have at home. Sisters BF bought her some Angel HID Rings. I paid $80 to get em fitted locally and ADR Approved by the same fabricator.

Came up good. looked nice for about 7-8months. until the rings just stopped working. but I think they were just dud rings.. if you find a good quality set($$) then it would turn up nice. and Legal!

I went down this path on the V35 we have at home. Sisters BF bought her some Angel HID Rings. I paid $80 to get em fitted locally and ADR Approved by the same fabricator.

Came up good. looked nice for about 7-8months. until the rings just stopped working. but I think they were just dud rings.. if you find a good quality set($) then it would turn up nice. and Legal!

Are you in Melbourne? Where did you get them fitted for 80 bucks?

Link or PM me?

Thanks!~