SAU Community

1978 C210 Crash, Help Needed

hey guys i havnt been on in a while.

long story short on the 5/10/2010 my c210 was hit head on by a oncomming dickhead who was "blinded" by the sunlight.

I was dropping my girlfriend home and came over a large crest in the road around the corner from her house, slowed to about 20 kmph as i approached the bottom of the hill towards the t junction, and a dooshbag in a black toyota echo came around the corner, up the hill, into the direct sunlight and onto my side of the road.

i moved over as much as i could in my lane, got both my car up on the verge and this bloke hit me head on at about 60kmph.He swerved at the last minute causing him to hit my drivers side front end, (direct impact with the headlights) which swung his car around and it scraped the whole drivers side of my car. He says he couldnt see, which is understrandable as the sun was setting over the top of the hill in direct line of his sight. What i dont undertsand is why he continued to increase his speed although he couldnt see where he was going.

Lets just say he is lucky to be alive... not from the accident, but from my reaction.

His car was written off, and mine has had the whole drivers side front end (bonnet, guard, bumpers etc) and drivers side of my car ( drivers door, drivers side rear door and rear quater/bumper moulds) with various scratches and grazings.

My car has a fuly rebuilt engine, which i built with my dad, i painted it, polished the rocker cover for 4 days making it like chrome, new radiator etc. Lucky, the raditor supprt bracket is bent but it didnt split the radiator. so the engine is fine luckily.

To make matters worse, the kids family aee a complete load of idiots with no regard for cars, no general respect and have made this issue very difficult for me to resolve.

The blokes insurance offered my $100 for my car as a write off, and if i wanted it back i would have to hand in the plates, and go bid for it at pickles auctions.... I told them that wasnt a option and after much argueing with alliance insurance i wrote a letter to the exectutive of the company, explain my situation. They say the biggest payout i will get is $3000 and i get to keep the car,i guess ill have to settle for that.

I will let you know the outcome!

I WILL fix my car, i havnt another c210 as a parts car but any help will be appreciated.

the car will be restored once again. and then im putting it in a shed and it will go to shows on a f**kin trailer.....

Let me know if you can help!

cheers. kev

Shit mate that's terrible, I wish I could help you out but this is the exact reason I'm parting with my coupe. There's just to many bad drivers on the road and to few of these old girls left.

Good luck with the re-build champthumbsup.gif

thanks Mastadd, i think Socrates may be in need for those surrounds more than me, weve both had unfortunate things happen to our c210's. :(

im still waiting for a reply from the insurance company, soon im going to be ringing them up asking what the hell is going on with my claim.

ive got my second C210 parts car that i can pretty much fix my other car with, although another front bumper would be very handy.

What is it with C210s and crashing in Perth? Not cool! As much as I'm trying to get Socs to buy a 33 (DO IT SOCS!!! FKN DO IT!!!!!), best of luck fixing yours up.

Some f**ked up drivers on the roads here, its the reason why I just bought another daily to keep my 33 safe.

Best thing Ive ever done while fixing up a car, buy a $500 Daily crapper, like not TOTAL crap, but a early 80's Suzuki swift/holdon barina. It lasted the 3 months i needed it for, and sold it for the same price I bought it, only expense was a radiator cap and fuel.....

yeh no shit eh, poor c210's :(

the matter wasnt in my hands though :(

not my fault.

And yer ive got a 2002 VU SS ute as a daily banger/work ute, i keep the datto's for good hahhaha

You guys are acting like an R33 is some form of scarce commodity?

No but good unmolested ones are getting that way

I really like my GTR...look forward to weekends so I can drive it

I guess if it was a GTST it would be different BUT

Depends how much the person loves their car if even if it was a GTST.

I would drive stock R34 GTR as a daily to keep my Datsun safe and most likely get more fuel economy out of the R34 anyway.

Kevin, I hate to hear that someone's smashed up your pride and joy. Congratulations are in order though for refusing to accept the rubbish offer from Allienz. Hopefully you'll get the $3G, which is more than enough to pull panels from your parts car, rust repair the replacement panels, and respray them. Bumper rechromers should be able to straighten a bumper that's bent like a banana for less than $300... unless it's rusty.

What's happened to your car Socrates?

I did stupid shit on gravel and hit a tree stump.

hit between front right headlights

chassis rail concertina'd under battery and in front of engine crossmember.

I will fix it, getting looked at on monday

Happened on 12th December.

Hey Guys, IF I can help sourcing any bits you might need give me a buzz, because a few wreckers over here in Sydney are getting a few of these in and they just sit there for some reason. I got harvo some bits for his recently although the buggers are catching on that the parts are getting hard to get and pricing them accordingly. It's mostly sedans I have seen lately, so whatever is interchangeable is good to go I guess.

Drew, did you ever get those springs matched up & I just sent hgc210 a PM letting him know I'll be down your way early Feb.

Cheers, D