SAU Community

1978 C210 Crash, Help Needed

Hey Guys, IF I can help sourcing any bits you might need give me a buzz, because a few wreckers over here in Sydney are getting a few of these in and they just sit there for some reason. I got harvo some bits for his recently although the buggers are catching on that the parts are getting hard to get and pricing them accordingly. It's mostly sedans I have seen lately, so whatever is interchangeable is good to go I guess.

Drew, did you ever get those springs matched up & I just sent hgc210 a PM letting him know I'll be down your way early Feb.

Cheers, D

Hey Dennis,

I got those springs on the car, they look the business, but truth be told they settled down a bit low and I'm bottoming out again. Looks like I'll have to get something made up from scratch.

This is pie-in-the-sky stuff, but I really need the little square black plugs that cover the hole for the bolt in the bottom corner of the front panels. From memory only the C211 and Japanese imports had this though, not the C210. Similarly a spare set of r30 rear calipers would be sure to come in handy some day.

Other than that I'm pretty right for parts, other than Mario begging me to hand over my remaining rust-free panels and black interior parts to finish off his latest project ;)

Even if you can't find the bits I'm after, get in touch when you're down. I still owe you a beer for bailing me out when I blew up my ignition module in the middle of nowhere on the Pacific Highway on a certain public holiday last year.

Cheers,

the other D

Actually... now that I think of it, let me know if any of the cars have ANY panels, grill, bumpers or interior parts in really good nick. There's sure to be a home for them! The only C210 mechanical part that I bother collecting is the timing cover, as they rot from the inside.

As far as im concerned it doesnt matter what car is your pride and joy, wether its a dihatsu sirion or a lamborghini it all comes down to your repsect for the vehicle, and others should repsect that.

the fact that i rebuilt the engine of my c210 with my dad, and spent countless hours, even at the age of 16, working on my c210.

Thats why my SS is my daily driver and work car, although i respect that aswell, i would rather it be written off than my skyline.... i would refuse a million dollar offer on that car, without hesitating.

Ghostrider, any parts you can get for c210's would be great but i will give you a more direct list on things i need when i begin the resortation of my c210, AGAIN! GRRR..

Actually... now that I think of it, let me know if any of the cars have ANY panels, grill, bumpers or interior parts in really good nick. There's sure to be a home for them! The only C210 mechanical part that I bother collecting is the timing cover, as they rot from the inside.

Hi Drew, dont worry about that guard...maybe i might have found one..im still banging the guys leg,

but hopefully he will part with it.

still need a black front carpet, and a driver seat black..:worship: