SAU Community

hybrid intercooler kit

SLY25T

The prices that flyn.com.au quote are usually more expensive than what he actually charges.

He sells stuff on ebay and if you search around you can usually find his stuff.

Then email him and you can pretty much get the item you want a the starting price and then pick it up from him.

Good reliable guy :(

I spoke to him yesterday, ive ordered mine, apparently his got new pipes where you dont have to cut your fan blades as the Hybrid kits do.

I spoke to him yesterday, ive ordered mine, apparently his got new pipes where  you dont have to cut your fan blades as the Hybrid kits do.

SERIOUS!

SWEEET!!

The only other thing they need to fix now is the vacuum line attachment to the first piping section. Theres nothing to attach it there. We had to drill a hole and fabricate our own little thing to put the hose onto it

Did you ask about this?

We've ordered from flyn before, no problems at all.

Fitted the kit ourselfves in a few hours, not hard. Besides the stuffing around fabrication bit

Hi guys,

Here at; theintercoolerguy, we have been developing our own line of intercooler kits for the past 24 months, and after much R & D we are proud to announce that 'ICG' has arrived on the performance parts scene.

The ICG line of intercooler kits are the most technologically advanced intercooler bolt on kits available on the market today!

The basis upon which the kits are designed rest upon "Minimilism". Our kits are designed to bolt straight in with minimal modification.

ICG intercooler kits are fully engineered and consist of CNC mandrel bent alloy. Unlike many of our competitors, ICG kits feature PROFESSIONALLY POLISHED pipes, polished right here in Sydney by ULTIMATE SHINE. The advantages of polishing over the conventional method of 'Chroming' are ten fold:

*Polished pipes do not flake like chromed pipes, which leads to metal flakes being sucked into the intake pipes.

*Chromed pipes, once scratched must be re-chromed. The issue regarding this is as follows: 1. Chroming pipes is very expensive, especially re-chroming as the pipe must first be stripped back to bare metal. 2. There are virtually no companies in Australia that chrome alloy pipes.

*Polished pipes, once scratched, can simply be re-polished by "you" simply by purchasing a tube of polished cream and applying some elbow grease.

*NOTE: All ICG intercooler kits arrive with a FREE tube of polishing cream.

All ICG kits feature a 38mm attachment for a blow off valve (BOV). This will save you literally hundreds when wanting to modify your pipes to accomodate a 'BOV'

Furthermore, ICG kits for the R32/R33/R34 feature a vacuum line attachment. This is something missing from almost all intercooler kits available on the market.

ICG kits also do not require trimming of the fan blade like most of our competitors.

Kits consist of:

*Professionally polished pipes

*Stainless steel t-bolt hose clamps

*Blue 3-ply silicon hoses

*800x300x76 polished bar and plate intercooler (not hybrid)

*Fitting instructions

*Brackets and require fitting components

*FREE GFB single stage boost controller

and for an extra $100 Autometer Sport-comp 30psi 2 5/8 boost guage.

As our website is currently down due to upgrades, we may be contacted on 0413 971 347.

For all Sydney Residents we have just opened up our workshop and our showroom will be open to the public on the 8th of March 2004, with the Melbourne workshop opening in late May 2004 and Gold Coast to follow.

Theintercoolerguy pty ltd

743-745 The Horslet Drive Smithfield, right above promax performance.

ICG R32/R33/R44 Kits, Fitted, drive in and drive out in under 2 hours, only $1550 for SKYLINESAUSTRALIA.COM members. Th

We stock all performance parts..

Hi guys,

i will post some pics to the general public after we have patented all our designs..at the present time we only offer pictures to our customers..

the intercoolers are the same intercoolers that hybrid use in their kits, however, it must be stressed that they are NOT HYBRID INTERCOOLERS, Hybrid do not make them as they claim..they only stamp the top plate with their name..this is a factual statement.

Yeah id like to get hold of him to his got my turbo and i has moved address and had the number i had for him disconnected so any info so i can find him would be helpfull his only had it two months and i need it to get my car going

Hi guys,

i will post some pics to the general public after we have patented all our designs..at the present time we only offer pictures to our customers..

the intercoolers are the same intercoolers that hybrid use in their kits, however, it must be stressed that they are NOT HYBRID INTERCOOLERS, Hybrid do not make them as they claim..they only stamp the top plate with their name..this is a factual statement.

Only provide photos to customers?

We are customers,

What cars did you do extensive testing of your intercooler kits on?

Yeah id like to get hold of him to his got my turbo and i has moved address and had the number i had for him disconnected so any info so i can find him would be helpfull his only had it two months and i need it to get my car going

intergoolerguy above posted you can call 0413 971 347

Legend01,

Hi Peter, how you been?

i just spoke to your son and organised pick up of the turbo from the workshop, its been sitting on the bench finished for quite a while now..

As for pictures...pictures will be posted in the nex few days, in the mean time we are registered dealers of the FORCE R33 kits, these kits retai for $1760 or $1920 fitted, drive in and out in under 3 hours..

Im still a little unconvinced, i mean your charging the same amount as HKS and TRUST ICs from Japan  

I love to support aussie companies, but in the end, it comes down to how well it works not who makes it

If you are refering to the price of the FORCE R33 kits, please note that they are far more comprehensive than the kits offered by Japanese manufacturers. We replace the cast pipe entering the throttle body, the pipe exiting the turbo, and the rubber tube entering the turbo. We have decided to go with this design as we feel it offers the shortest possible pipe length and the best bonnet clearance of any other kit design. Replacing the rubber intake tube also eliminates the problem of the tube collapsing, often experienced at higher power levels. (not forgetting the fact that it flows better and of course looks better!)

Also, we build the intercoolers ourselves using cores built to our specifications. They feature true offset internal fins for maximum cooling efficiency. This is the same style of inner fin as used by the majority of Japanese manufacturers, except our cores are 73mm thick, as opposed to 60-65 for the Japanese equivalent.

Also note that one well respected Japanese manufacturer only uses this fin design on their high-end kits. Their standard kits use a less efficient and cheaper extruded inner tube.

Our end tanks are formed from 2mm sheet aluminium and feature a stamped radius at the tube connection. This results in a very light weight intercooler, with excellent flow charactoristics.

I am a huge fan of Japanese products myself, but I suggest you look more closely at the product than the name. I feel that in this case at least, you will find the Australian product to be of very high quality and excellent value.

One other thing that is worth noting, is that in America, if you own a WRX and want an Intercooler the firs choice is either APS or TurboXS/Hyperflow. If you haven't got the money, the next choice is the Japanese kits.......