SAU Community

hybrid intercooler kit

SLY25T

just out of curiosity.....

i am looking at a cooler from a local company who would move the throttle body on my plenum from the centre to the end, what sort of effect owuld this have on performance, if any at all. its basically now like a gtr plenum cept for the welding etc.... i assume that any power lost form this would be made up due to less pipes and bends ???

just out of curiosity.....

i am looking at a cooler from a local company who would move the throttle body on my plenum from the centre to the end, what sort of effect owuld this have on performance, if any at all. its basically now like a gtr plenum cept for the welding etc.... i assume that any power lost form this would be made up due to less pipes and bends ???

The problem with that is that will not know how even the distribution will be of the plenum once you done this. They were designed for the inlet to be centralised....so moving it to the front could have detrimental effects to your engine such as running lean in certain cylinders.

Scott

the intercooler guy,

when exactly in may are you opening up in melbourne? Also where will the shop/showroom be? Man these kits look unreal have you got any inlet/outlet temps and pressure drop for both the ICG intercooler and the force one. Also you stated that your IC is 800*300*76 is this just the core? if so how long endtank to endtank. What is the core size of the force one? Thinkin i'll go with the force one as i'd prefer the lighter tube and fin design.

cheers,

Rom.

Hi pinoi_boi_r33

1. The official opening date of the Melbourne shop is still up in the air, however, we will keep you all up to date when the date draws near.

2. We have spent many an hour on R&D, subequently, we have recorded temp drops of close to 100c^. As for pressure drop, the region is close to 0.18 @16psi

3. The ICG cores measure 600x300x76 size. Similarly, the Force core also measures 600x300x76. And as you have stated, Force use a tube and fin design which is fantastic. Accordingly, at the end of the day it's up to the consumer.

Look out for a full page Ad in the May issue of FastFours when we officially launch the brand 'ICG'.