SAU Community

GTR33 or?

having written off a 206... you gotta ask yourself, can you handle the power of a GTR let alone a GT-t? I had a real ****ty time when I went from Toyota Sera to 180sx that big increase in power took some gettin used to, and even then when I went from 180sx to skyline I had to readjust coz the car handled differently.

Make sure u get insurance man, given your track record, i'd be spewin if I wrote off my newly aquired GTR and only had 3rd party fire n theft to pay out a pissy 5k.

GTSt's just come under the power to weght ratio in stock form, so its allowed I think... GTR's on the other hand... hmmm, just hope the cop that pulls you over dosen't know the difference between a GTSt and a GTR.

Gettin insurance with a Write off for an import car is near impossible, I think only Just cars will insure you, but they'll charge the equivalent of a left testicle and your first born.

I was suspended for illegal street racing, so no one wanted to touch me (even though I had an N/A) Just cars offered to cover me on condition that I went back to my rating 6 and payed 2.5k a year. (well I payed 5k a year for my 180sx, but that's coz it was a showcar with a shaznitz of mods n bodykit)

nissaner: are you insured? wats your deal? you're 16k quote sounds genuine, i did some homework 2day and heard a quote of 23k for a 300zx!! mutha fu*ka!!

funkymonkey: yo the gtst is just Over the p/w limit. insurance seems kinda bleak...i'm very dissappointed. the write off wasn't from racing or speeding..just wasn't careful enuff - turnd right when i wasn't supposed to (wonder how many times have i've gone F*#$ o*f at those bloody idiots who do the same thing) and ran straight into a van coming real Fast..couldn't do ****..just FROZE. damn lucky no one was hurt bad.

btw..ya think its possible to get dat r34 wagon imported here? looks siccccccc..

hehe... of course its true... (my insurance quote that is... i don't lie man... wish i was lieing though and it was more like half that price..:) )

currently paying $700pa for third party only and i DO NOT recommend this. i would have paid anything upto 5k, but above that me think its too much...

Kenny - about a year ago i had to choose between R34 GTT and R33 GTR. I chose a GTR and I do not regret it at all. My friend Franky who just got his R34 delivered had to make the same decision (look in general section for a thread by Franks). I have driven his car and he's driven mine and I can guarantee whichever car you choose you'll be happy.

Insurance is a bitch. I'm insured for around $4500 and if i had an R34 GTT it would be maybe a $1000 less.... for the small (relatively) difference insurance was not one of my concerns then. I reckon running costs are similar (I know lots of ppl will argue about this with me)... but mods are more expensive in the GTR cos you need to buy 2x everything.

The other car I considered at the time was a RZ Supra.... but the GTR being a 'purer' sports car and legend I guess I couldn't go past it. It comes to personal taste. The R34 imho is a better looking car than my GTR but my GTR outperforms it.... anyway hae a look.... its up to what you want..

Both our cars are here:

http://www.markpakula.com/cruise/

hey guys, thanks fo all da cmments again,

i think i've been dreaming a bit too much - sad tho..i was really up for a GTR...nice pics400HP - someday man..someday ;p

thanks to everyone for their feedback and opinions.. yu've been a Big help. peace. PS - nissaner: take care of you're baby man put in a big phat alarm system!!

its just the insurance thing And the p/w ratio tht have turnd me off.. frankly, i can't be stuffed going thru all the hassle. rather jus wait a few years .. who knows mayB then i could afford a GTR34?

at the moment..i did more homework and found out dat a WRX comes just Under the p/w limit for a P-plater in VIC. so i'm looking at dat -the wagon version prbs cos i think its sexier and mayB insurance may be slightly lower? can't compare it 2 a Skyline bt i reckon its not a bad way to start with learning about turbo AWD cars and their handling/modding possibilities.

i'll keep an eye on the events bulletin and if da VIC skyline owners are gonna have a meet i'd love to come down and meet up, take a look at your machines.. if i've got a subie by then i'll be sure to bring it along.. n try 2 n keep up LOL

Originally posted by kenny_lim

its not a bad way to start with learning about turbo AWD cars and their handling/modding possibilities.

Err no, I'm afraid all you'll learn from a wrecks is how to understeer into poles. But go ahead, better you crank up their insurance premiums than ours. :lol: