SAU Community

Dr30 Tacho Signal Wire

Hey i have a DR30 that is running a different ECU, and thus running multicoil. I didnt have it running on the standard ecu for long, and as such do not know which wire is the signal wire. To save myself from ripping the cluster out, would someone be kind enough to point me to the wire off the standard coil to the tacho? A pic of the wire would be great too!

Cheers,

Steve

Hey i have a DR30 that is running a different ECU, and thus running multicoil. I didnt have it running on the standard ecu for long, and as such do not know which wire is the signal wire. To save myself from ripping the cluster out, would someone be kind enough to point me to the wire off the standard coil to the tacho? A pic of the wire would be great too!

Cheers,

Steve

blue/ white wire runs off coil/dizzy. blak is earth . yellow 12v

blue/ white wire runs off coil/dizzy. blak is earth . yellow 12v

Ive just had a look, and there is a connector that goes to where the coil was, and has 2 black and white wires running from a commn point. Im assuming the ecu got one and the tacho got another?

Man its really easy to pull the cluster out.

The 'octaganalish' cluster surround piece has 2 screws up top near the perspex, and 2 more underneath, below teh hazard switch and power window switch.

To undo them takes 10 seconds each.

Then the switches just need each plug un-clipped. careful not to damage teh de-mister as its fragile.

then the screws around the cluster itself.

All up it takes 5 min easy.

Put in some LED globes while your in there!

If youre stuck for witring diagrams, have a look online for the S12 Silvia, there is an FJ20det manual for them on 'fj20.com' or something like that