SAU Community

Gtr Starting Problem

Berk0

Hey all.. my 32 GTR isnt starting, have checked the obvious flat battery.. which it isnt.. Wont even attempt to crank over.. every thing else seems to be working (its getting fuel, all other electronics are working fine.

Any ideas on what this could be?

Any help much appreciated

one of my mates suggested that.. but could it go so easily.. by that i mean.. i litrally drove from a mates house (about 30min trip) got home and i didnt have any probs starting it.. then went to go to the shops about 20 mins later and nothing?

Checked the fuses :D Have the checked the battery's voltage or tried a jump start? Dont assume the battery is ok just because everything else is working.

Do you hear the solenoid throwing the starter's gear at the flywheel? (ie a click)?

Checked the fuses :D Have the checked the battery's voltage or tried a jump start? Dont assume the battery is ok just because everything else is working.

Do you hear the solenoid throwing the starter's gear at the flywheel? (ie a click)?

Ok i havent checked the fuses.. will do that..

I put the battery on my battery charger, and it litrally took like 5 mins to charge.. plus the car hasnt had a hard time starting prior.. and its a yellow top battery so yeah.. Havent jumped started it cos every one is at work lol

and theres no audible click that i can hear, all i hear is the fuel pump going as i turn the key over

Ok i havent checked the fuses.. will do that..

I put the battery on my battery charger, and it litrally took like 5 mins to charge.. plus the car hasnt had a hard time starting prior.. and its a yellow top battery so yeah.. Havent jumped started it cos every one is at work lol

and theres no audible click that i can hear, all i hear is the fuel pump going as i turn the key over

Ok no click, so it sounds like no power to the starter. There must also be a solenoid for that starter - it should be under the bonnet - so it will need to be checked along with the fuses.

Yeah battery sounds good.

Sounds like the solenoid on top of the starter motor has jammed. In "old school" fashion, use a bigger hammer and give it a jolt, see if that frees it up. But first, chek that the starter wire hasn't disconnected from the solenoid.

Ok no click, so it sounds like no power to the starter. There must also be a solenoid for that starter

Oh i meant relay, not solenoid (i was thinking about what was in a relay...)