SAU Community

R32: Brakes - Gts-t / Gtr Upgrade

Cubes

I was quoted from two different places and they are round the same I'd say you'd be looking at around about $40 each machined and extra $40each for slotted or cross-drilled.

Another question and sorry if it's been asked already, I was looking at getting a set of DBA 4000+ rotors for an R33 although I'll be looking at around $900 a set.

Whats the price comparison on a set of R33 GTR (2nd hand) rotors and are they much different from the GTS-T rotors in performance?

I have a set of Bendix Ultimates (pads) going in, should they hold up for track days? or can someone recommend something better for around the same cost?

Cost of Bendix Ultimates - $120 front $109 rear (pair)

I seem to remember some of the guys, at the first Vic club meet, saying good things about the high-end Ferodo's but don't quote me and i don't know what they're worth.

First off do a search, i'm sure its been discussed before, then failing that ask some of the regular track day peoples (you be able to see based on the events forums).

• 1 month later...

OK........Q, i was told z32 brakes would bolt right on my car........how much hassel to get the R33 gtst's?? same? Z32 would be better than NA ones...but obviously R33 better again

As far as I know, Z32 and R32 calipers/rotors are the same - 280mm rotor

R33 GTS25T brakes are 297mm, so its a decent differance, and worth the extra in my opinion

Depends on what usage your car gets and how fast you want to go

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
I have an R32 GTS, which has hopes and dreams of becoming a gtst.. will be doing brakes + suspension + lsd before I do the engine.. so this is getting all the info down before I undertake it.. but i'm guessing a reco'd r32 gtst master cyl wouldnt be hugely expensive

I have done this on my car, unless theres something wrong with your master cyl, dont worry about swapping, i just put the 5 stud hubs on, with R33 GTSt disc and caliper, braided lines and she stops quickly and cleanly everytime

• 2 months later...

I just got quoted from Race Brakes that the brackets are $500.00 for the pair...

But he wasn't 100% sure.. it said $250.. but it ddn't say if it was for each or not..

Anyone bought these?

Don't worry about it..

Just spoke to Melb Racebrakes... Howard.. he has said not to do this.. he doesn't support it..

So I am following his advise..

Stick with stock setup with slotted DBA, RB74 all round and braided lines..

sounds as though the R33 gtst caliper + rotor upgrade is a good one :D

would they be compatible with ABS?

would it also be a simple swap? or would I need to do extra stuff to fit 'em and etc...

Cheers

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
R32 GTST

Master Cylinder diam (mm) - 25.4

R33 GTST

Master Cylinder diam (mm) - 23.8

R32 GTR (Non V-Spec,)

Master Cylinder diam (mm) - 25.4

R32 GTR V-Spec / R33 / 34 GTR with Brembos

Master Cylinder diam (mm) - 26.9

So i dont see a need to upgrade the master cylinder if you have an R32 GTST and you will be using R33 GTST caliper or R32 GTR caliper.

do you know what R34GTR is? also do you know if this is a straight swap on a R32GTR non-vspec