SAU Community

Xrg375

_Ryan_

Interesting timing considering what the main discussion is in here...

I had an egotistical bike rider this morning who did all he could to a) ignore and b) piss off myself and the line of cars behind me.

Wanker move #1 - proceeded to sit in the middle of the lane whilst hard on the brakes going down a long, steep section of Canadian Bay Rd in Mt Eliza. My speedo registered 10kph, yet nobody could pass.

Wanker move #2 - at the traffic lights, he decides that it is too much take a foot out of the peddle to steady himself and used my bonnet instead.

When he was told to get his hand off the car, he flipped the bird, moved right in front of my car and stayed there after the light turned green.

A note to said bike rider, do not f**k with someone if you are not prepared to deal with getting f**ked right back.

Edited by iamhe77

Interesting timing considering what the main discussion is in here...

I had an egotistical bike rider this morning who did all he could to a) ignore and b) piss off myself and the line of cars behind me.

Wanker move #1 - proceeded to sit in the middle of the lane whilst hard on the brakes going down a long, steep section of Canadian Bay Rd in Mt Eliza. My speedo registered 10kph, yet nobody could pass.

Wanker move #2 - at the traffic lights, he decides that it is too much take a foot out of the peddle to steady himself and used my bonnet instead.

When he was told to get his hand off the car, he flipped the bird, moved right in front of my car and stayed there after the light turned green.

A note to said bike rider, do not f**k with someone if you are not prepared to deal with getting f**ked right back.

please tell me you drove into him?

That, to me, is unnacceptable :spank: No touching cars for starters; I doubt he'd have enjoyed it if you'd "leaned" against his bike.

Besides; any DECENT rider can balance in cleats almost indefinitely; I know I can.:D

Do unto others...

Clearly had no idea of the amount of love and money invested in that bonnet..... :cheers:

oh I just love Wanker move #2....

good on you for staying cool.

I would have ended up explaining how I ran his bike over to a magistrate I feel >_<

lmao, +11ty i wouldve had to explain how i ran over his ankle

if you wanna ride a push bike on the roads be prepared to be hit by cars. you have no right to be on the road regardless of what the law says. if you havent paid rego then you are not a roadworthy vehicle. if a cyclist leans on ur bonnet u dont have to run them over, just move forward enough to knock them over. unfortunately the respectful well mannered cyclists are few and far between. thats why i stopped riding. as with driving any vehicle you should always respect a vehicle big enough to squash you. which on a push bike is everything. so if ur riding a bike on the road just stay out of everyones way, cos getting hit by a car hurts!! believe me!!

• Nope 1

• 1 month later...

RANT

I hate to agree with everyone because i do love riding but.....

1# Riding a bike in brisbane is suicide, as anyone in a vehicle is far too impatient and WILL NOT give you any chances... It is a death sentence...

2# If you do chose to ride, fine... but dont ride 5 a breast and take up the whole lane.... Be polite and allow room for cars (which are much faster than yourselves) to go past.

3# P Platers need to learn how to drive - also refer to item 1.

4# For those morons that (during peak hour traffik) change into the faster lane then try to cut back in further up ahead... Piss off & wait just like everyone else... If we didnt have to deal with w**kers like you we might actually be able to go a bit quicker, saving everyone heaps of time...

5# People who dont want to wait for the next green light & get stuck in the middle of a intersection... Then look blankly at me when im cracking the shits at you because im try to move but you stupid arse is block me and everyone else....

END RANT

RANT

5# People who dont want to wait for the next green light & get stuck in the middle of a intersection... Then look blankly at me when im cracking the shits at you because im try to move but you stupid arse is block me and everyone else....

END RANT

x1000 if youre driving a public bus!

I love riding, but cant help but agree with a lot of the anti cyclist rhetoric when the latte sipping, lycra clad weekend warriors ride 3+ abreast and dive into traffic! I keep as far left as I can and always ride indian file.

I also know both sides, I got hit a couple of years back in a bike lane by an idiot who wasnt watching where he was going. Hit and run too... Bike, shoulder and my face were a mess (some will say no change!) but could have been much worse...

I also know both sides, I got hit a couple of years back in a bike lane by an idiot who wasnt watching where he was going. Hit and run too... Bike, shoulder and my face were a mess (some will say no change!) but could have been much worse...

Having held the hand of a guy after he had his skull crushed by a truck first thing in the morning (on ride to work day of all days!) im now more cautious of bikes, in an instant 1 life ended and 1 guys life changed for the worst ,but who's to blame?

There was a bike lane there but i dont think he was in it. I don't think it realy matters ,I think a bit of curtosy on everyones behalf would go a long way

RANT

I hate to agree with everyone because i do love riding but.....

1# Riding a bike in brisbane is suicide, as anyone in a vehicle is far too impatient and WILL NOT give you any chances... It is a death sentence...

2# If you do chose to ride, fine... but dont ride 5 a breast and take up the whole lane.... Be polite and allow room for cars (which are much faster than yourselves) to go past.

3# P Platers need to learn how to drive - also refer to item 1.

4# For those morons that (during peak hour traffik) change into the faster lane then try to cut back in further up ahead... Piss off & wait just like everyone else... If we didnt have to deal with w**kers like you we might actually be able to go a bit quicker, saving everyone heaps of time...

END RANT

completely agree with everything in ur rant!!!! amen brother!!

• 1 month later...

stupid f**kin p plater in an xr6 this morning with stripes of the ghay trying to race me.

6am in the f**king morning - im too tired to drive, let alone drive fast.

another guy in a XR6 G6e decided to help me out. im guessing the p plater was pissing him off too.

I sat in front of the p plater doing about 55-60kmh. and the g6e(or whatever theyre called) sat in the lane right of him doing the same(Pplater was in left lane). was fun for about a good 5 minutes.. slowed him riht down.. shouldve seen him scream at us .. we lol'd

stupid f**kin p plater in an xr6 this morning with stripes of the ghay trying to race me.

6am in the f**king morning - im too tired to drive, let alone drive fast.

another guy in a XR6 G6e decided to help me out. im guessing the p plater was pissing him off too.

I sat in front of the p plater doing about 55-60kmh. and the g6e(or whatever theyre called) sat in the lane right of him doing the same(Pplater was in left lane). was fun for about a good 5 minutes.. slowed him riht down.. shouldve seen him scream at us .. we lol'd

Did you get to use your rub guards!!!!!w00t.gif

Noooooooo, don't revive this thread. Bad things will happen :ermm:.

I'm still waiting for settlement from the dude who's truck rolled into the back of me in February. Still not fixed but apparently the "cheque's in the mail"....

Noooooooo, don't revive this thread. Bad things will happen :ermm:.

I'm still waiting for settlement from the dude who's truck rolled into the back of me in February. Still not fixed but apparently the "cheque's in the mail"....

it will never come. i got told the same BS buy the owner of the truck that broke my windscreen. i waited 6months for his cheque which never came. he gave me a bogus address then changed his phone number. so next time it happens i'll be following them back to their house and smash thier windscreen.