SAU Community

L28&l20 Turbo Motors

L20det complete original running motor Exedy heavy clutch short nose box all in very good condition

only mod is a high flow r34 turbo stainless split dump and front pipe all in perfect condition.$1500

L28 280ZX Turbo motor Reco P90 head new TO4ETurbo Dump pipe to suit F54 block new 5puc button clutch

280ZX Turbo box, Wolf3D ecu wiring for R30$2500 complete drop in motors with clutches boxes etc etc.

Both in very good condition no faults.

No silly offers may separate bits if enough interest but price will differ from complete set ups.

Selling to fund a different Enging combo

Make offers will deliver for fuel & time depends how far and convenience.

0415 346 073

Very interesting old dude,

I am not currently in the market, but will be in the future.

"high flow r34 turbo stainless split dump and front pipe all in perfect condition"

Would you consider selling this as a package? (Trade in for stock L20et Turbo and dump plus cash?)

Estimated or if known RWHP of each engine and what car they were in?

The L20et is out of a HR30 gt RWHP not much factory 144 this has bigger injectors

bigger turbo and split dump pipe so probably a bit more.Good thing its all original

and in excellent running order also the ECU will go with it along with all the Factory

Turbo stuff.

The L28et came out of a 280zx so all factory turbo stuff except injectors turbo dump

ECU new clutch ass might even throw in the same side inlets front mount and piping

Clutch Turbo head have only done a few hrs work this also was in the HR30 after the L20

but like i said I'm going a total different way and what ever i get for it all will be

put to that.As to RWHP 250+ maybe not really interest in figures as there not big enough

to talk about but plenty more than the L20 and when it boosts it's fun.

Edited by old dude

You mention the L28 went into the R30, R30's like C210's use front facing sump L's. did you change sump back to the Z one when you removed it from R30?

Yes mate! I put both sumps back on there original motors

I plan to, just wondering how difficult making pickup longer is and if there's anything else involved.

Edit: Can standard ecu still be plugged in or have pinouts been changed?

Hydraulic lifters or solid?

Edited by Socrates

How difficult was sump swap?

Was only a case of elongating the oil pickup and bolting on a front facing sump?

It's not a biggie. My car's oil pick up (originally from a 260z???) has been cut, pointed in the opposite direction, and welded again to suit an 280zx sourced L28 with a C210 sump.

I can confirm that you will need to modify your oil pick up, but don't expect a major hassle. Better news, your front facing sump bolts straight up to the L28 block. The biggest hassle you might face is deleting one of your 2 dipsticks (a sawn-off dipstick should do the trick).

Again, from my experience, 144HP odd at the rear is going to feel like you're in a rocket compared to standard C210 arrangement... as for 250 plus... that's actually an awesome number, being near on double the factory output, but possibly waaaay more poke than the original C210 drivetrain and brakes are going to cope with for long. Fun though!

its 144 HP at the Flywheel.

My auto L24e with microtech was 74kW and went harder than a mates stock 5 speed L20et.

as for pinouts, each engine and series and release year and even continent has a difference or 2.

The later the release date the better, well nearly. You could get stuck with the ECCS with Oxy sensor and Cat convertor... meaning emissions compliant.

its 144 HP at the Flywheel.

My auto L24e with microtech was 74kW and went harder than a mates stock 5 speed L20et.

That's interesting!

My factory spec L20et 5 speed Paul Newman with it's 144HP, pulls up Mount's Ouseley & Kiera coming north from Wollongong @ 90kph in 5th without a care in the world with 2 up.

My old 7MGE MX83 auto Cressida couldn't do that with just me on board, unless I held it in 3rd to stop it jumping up to 4th & back to 3rd all the time.

And when I took it up the mountains the other week, it kicked ass going up Lapstone Hill off the end of M4 at Emu Plains.

Anybody that knows these roads in NSW can vouch that it is no mean feat.

Cheers, D

Edit: Can standard ecu still be plugged in or have pinouts been changed?

Hydraulic lifters or solid?

Hey old dude, you still here?

How much for postage/freight to Duncraig Perth, WA.?