SAU Community

R32 Gtr Complete Rebuild

Some more goodies turned up in last couple days

Not 100% happy with seats at moment, there a little dirty so will take them to detailers to have professionally cleaned before fitting and the drivers seat has one very minor little pin hole in it so will get trimmer to do something here so it doesn't get any bigger

seats_zpsd5f638b7.jpg

The superstreet Teins arrived a couple days ago but only unpacked them this morning, whilst unpacking the courier also turned up with my new Whiteline adjustable sway bars :)

tein_zps30898add.jpg

New corner lights have also turned up but not 100% sure if going to fit them now as i like look of N1 lights with orange corners, guess i'll just have to fit 1 and see which side i like better

smokedblinkers_zps323e72aa.jpg

Picked up another ECU for it also but no pic, you know what they look like. Nothing wrong with miine just bought it for the casing to mount the Vi-Pec unit into :yes:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had pleasant surprise this afternoon, my new Cusco bars are already here from RHD in Japan :woot:

cuscopieces_zps49555fdb.jpg

I'm usually hesitant to use online foreign companies as you hear some horror stories from time to time but i highly recommend this company, very fast shipping and good service

http://www.rhdjapan.com/

Some more parts ordered today, my first BLING parts for engine bay :)

nur_zpsd0c6c074.jpg

nur2_zpsbafbe4b1.jpg

Going to see if i can get powdercoaters to match the NUR Spec gold for the Brembo's when they get here also

Hey Whizzn,

When are you getting the Abflug carbon under tray as I want to get one too?

Going to wait until i get all the suspension in to see how low it sits in the front to make sure i have enough clearance. After what Chris said in earlier post he got me thinking hence decision to postpone the purchase for bit

Finally, the bushes have all arrived and i now have everything needed to fit new suspension into car

0701127_zpsf524c678.jpg

Going to pull the rest of the spare front strut assembly apart this week and send to powdercoaters then take into somewhere to get all the bushes etc pressed into place, bring home and bolt back together on bench then take these along with car to somewhere to have fitted (dunno where yet, anyone have any recommendations here in Bris?)

• 1 month later...

No updates as of yet, my parts guy has gone MIA on me so trying to figure out things without his input (especially since he has the FAST program that would be real handy at moment)

Taking front suspension to a powder coater tomorrow and ringing another workshop since Elite has closed down to get car booked in for fitting the suspension and fixing the snapped gearbox cross member bolt

Hopefully will have more specific updates in next week

Well that's not good to hear.

I have FAST program if you want. Just let me know.

Also if you need parts just pm me.

Edited by Ants

• 4 weeks later...

All suspension now fitted, didn't need to fit the Whiteline rear frame bushes as someone in Japan fitted solid mount items in there already so left them in there

Coilovers set in softest position at moment and feels stiff but not too excessive so still rides relatively nicely, going to wind fronts up a little though as wheels do scrape on plastic inner fender on some bumps so i think a little stiffen up will solve this

Car site ridiculously flat around corners now with no body roll at all, can't wait to get it to track to test it's limits though

Looks like i might of scored a set of HKS GT RS turbo's with not even 4k km's on them for sweet price, looking at them next week

No photo's as car is dirty at moment due to sitting in workshop and getting wet on way home lmao

Post some up when i get home in couple days

Just quick photo of how it looks now with all suspension in place

Absolutely love the way it handles now

gtrside0001_zps46712646.jpg

Ohh and had windows tinted while back also, definately an improvement in not just looks but cabin temps also

Edited by whizzn

Still waiting for the front & centre covers from RHD, 3 weeks and waiting :whistling:

Don't think i will fit them to this motor though, think they can sit in room until i build new motor, that way everything will look brand new when motor goes in :yes:

Car looks awesome mate.

I got the N1's myself and am in the process of getting them fitted up.

Makes the car look so much nicer!!!!

Can I ask what the rims, size and offset they are please? They look good :)

Will be good to watch this car progress.

Don't buy the GTRS' mate they are junk

Get yourself some -5s too many documented issues with the GTRS' will save you a lot of headaches down the track

Saw somewhere last week whilst flicking over net the HKS Racing 3071 twin top mount kit

Now trying to find it again

Car looks awesome mate.

I got the N1's myself and am in the process of getting them fitted up.

Makes the car look so much nicer!!!!

Can I ask what the rims, size and offset they are please? They look good :)

Will be good to watch this car progress.

The wheels are 18x10 with 265 tyres, can't remember offset off top of head

Just couple more pics now i'm home again

Front and rear strut bars, wasn't climbing underneath car to get photo of one underneath though lol

P3290434_zps96f05c53.jpg

P3290433_zps24a93c90.jpg

Rest of the covers arrived this week, the centre cover is ever so slight different colour but you REALLY need to be looking at them to see it

P3290431_zps9f412bee.jpg

Now to go find that damn turbo kit :miner:

OK i found the turbo kit, although it is 2nd hand and not brand new which i thought it was, it's still a good setup being rebuilt around 5000km ago

So now have a Twin HKS 3037 Hi Mount kit on the way to me :yes:

T2eC16ZHJFoE9nh6pMoBREzhS37w60_3_zps3f3b