SAU Community

Buying An M35 T Rs

pbk1776

I did reply in it a fair bit. I searched for it to. I think it got lost in the server move.

Looks like ill have to find all my pics and post them here' date=' cos i got HEAPS!

I think your idea of value changed with the move to bikes van haha. Theres a big price differance. Chasers are worth every penny tho. They look so hot.

Anyway, heres a few from my collection.

[img']http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/ozstrider/Legend-8.jpg[/img]

What wheels are they? i am planning to get something VIP look for my m35 let me know if this will suit my car or please suggest a wheel you think will suit

18299210150094202586589.jpg

By vrr55h at 2011-02-21

Hey guys,

I've only just joined SU (today, literally) and have found this tread extremely interesting.

I too looked at the silver M35 with NISMO bits on it that was talked about at the beginning of the tread. Took it for a test drive also and absolutely loved it, especially the handling. The family hack at the moment is a Ford Territory, so the handling of the M35 was sooo refreshing. I actually thought that the condition of the car wasn't that bad. Sure, the damage on the bumpers was a down fall, but the carpets and seats (especially the drivers seat that cops the abuse) I thought were in pretty good nic. And I'm a fussy buggar! The thing that I noticed most was that damn stale cigarette smell inside, a funny noise from the turbo when on boost (which sounded more like a supercharger than a turbo) and is in need of a complete detail. But the car felt quite tight, there were no rattles and the bumps were felt to be sure with the lowered stance, but weren't nasty.

I spoke with the owner and he seemed to be ok, for a used car salesman. He was upfront about the damage and explained that it hadn't been detailed yet (duh!), was going to fit a storage box where the Jap TV went, install a CD head unit and something about fixing the airbag light. How about that 2 yr warranty? Surely that should cover the car for that period? Or am I being naive?

So why am I going on about it? Well, if his trade offer was better, I would have traded the Terrible (sorry, Territory) that day. And his trade price was better than I would've got from 4 other dealers, 2 of which were Ford!

Anyway, search continues.

Cheers

What sort of gains are you looking for?

VQ35 version is available for between 30 and 40k, better off spending 15k on a turbo version and pumping the rest into mods like I have. :)

The VQ25det should be capable of over 400wkw although no-one has had the balls for that hard a push yet.(gearbox would have to go, in favour of an R34 getrag) There are twin turbo manifolds that will bolt on if you want to have a crack...

VQ35 version is available for between 30 and 40k, better off spending 15k on a turbo version and pumping the rest into mods like I have. :)

I think I got a bargain then! :thumbsup:

If your into forced induction, the VQ25det is the only way to go. The VQ35 is frail compared to it, and really needs full internals before adding a decent amount of boost.

That being said, I'm not taking my own advice (isn't that always the way...)

Also its not as easy as a RB. If your after a tried and true method, get a C34/ 260 . If your up for a challenge - NM35

Edited by PN-Mad

If your into forced induction, the VQ25det is the only way to go. The VQ35 is frail compared to it, and really needs full internals before adding a decent amount of boost.

Also its not as easy as a RB. If your after a tried and true method, get a C34/ 260 . If your up for a challenge - NM35

Compared to the VQ25det, the VQ35de is "frail" BUT you can bolt on an APS TT kit, get a shift kit for your trans and be pumping out around the 280-300awkw mark on around 8psi.

Can't do that on the "treasured" engine.

I have other ideas, but thats for a later thread.

I will not be running 8psi on a VQ35 thats for sure. That would make a mess of it pretty quick i should think. HKS suggest a max of .35 BAR / 5psi :down: on stock rods. Then theres the bloody gearbox :glare:

warranty with a used japanese car? it wont cover shit. all of the warranty i have had experience with are a cock of shit. they only cover so much..

was the airbag light flashing?

Yeah, sounded too good to be true. I can't remember if the airbag light was flashing, but the dealer mentioned it. Anyway, I'm glad I read this thread before buying...

• Like 1

Mate the silver m35 with NISMO bits and pieces? i took all advises from other people who looked at it and my mechanic, I ticked that car off my list and now I am happy of my ARX Four

Yep, that's the one. I'd be really interested in what your mechanic had to say about it. Anyway, I'm glad I read this thread before buying - it's been extremely helpful.

Yeah, sounded too good to be true. I can't remember if the airbag light was flashing, but the dealer mentioned it. Anyway, I'm glad I read this thread before buying...

I reckon if the price is lower than he was asking its ok to purchase, but after inspection you will think where the hell is the $17990 is it worth it? lol

Also there is an oil marking on top of engine - not sure if you noticed that

I reckon if the price is lower than he was asking its ok to purchase, but after inspection you will think where the hell is the $17990 is it worth it? lol

Also there is an oil marking on top of engine - not sure if you noticed that

No, I didn't notice the oil marking on top of the engine. Did it look like it indicated a leak or a spill or something else? Were you able to take it for a drive? The year, the milage and the price pricked my interest and the dealer mentioned $17500 - not a lot off it really. Wouldn't have minded getting another grand off though :-) I would definitely get it inspected by third party (NRMA and the like) and the dealer said that was ok. Anyway, was that your gold AR-X? It looks really tidy, nice find. First Stagea I ever drove was an AR-X from Northshore. Very nice.

Anyone dealt with GT High Performance in Kirrawee?

Saw a great looking M35 RS today at North Shore Prestige.

http://www.northshoreprestige.com.au/view.php/used_cars/2002_Nissan_Stagea_250tRS_Four_Black_5_Speed_Automatic_Wagon/4520275/

Nismo suspension, Nismo exhaust, Black leather interior

Nice looking car.

Good hunting.

Andy

I think it's better off you get your own mechanic to check it. I don't want to disclose something confidential:-). Ye I test drve the car and like I mentioned already an other peoe said. The kms does not reflect the car. I went there as the price was 17.5 then this bloke jacked it up to 17990 that's why I got turned off so bad lol he probably thinks that I don't do any research

What sort of gains are you looking for?

The VQ25det should be capable of over 400wkw although no-one has had the balls for that hard a push yet.(gearbox would have to go, in favour of an R34 getrag) There are twin turbo manifolds that will bolt on if you want to have a crack...

Im starting to lose interest in the RB engines as everyone is doing them. I currently have a 26/30, T51r and C4 auto in my R33. The engine has just been freshened up and will be back in the car soon. Old tune @ 24psi made 475rwkw.

Are gtr parts able to be fitted into the M35...? As there is currently a powerglide/gtr auto box being developed.

So the VQ35 is pretty weak in stock form...? I havent done a search but is there upgraded, pistons, rods and cranks available..?

Is there much room in the bay for a high mount single setup like a GT4202r.

Are they the same block..? How hard do they rev...?

I like a challenge :cheers: