SAU Community

Garrett Gt3076R Turbo

up for sale 6 week old gt3076r turbo .82 4 bolt turbine housing.. upgraded to gt3582r .82

made 293kw at 18psi on my rb25det

Turbo was not removed because i knew exhaust wheel had a tiny bit of damamge, i wanted something that made more power, i only have noticed this recently when i removed the exhaust housing.

the turbo still made near 300kw and drives fine and barely affects performance in anyway. A mate had a t51r kai with half of fins missing on his exhaust wheel and it still made the power it should.

selling cheap $800 including post

post-29137-0-10976400-1296601672_thumb.jpg

Edited by l0WRB

thanks islade

i sold this turbo 8 months ago

the guy who bought it "apparently" only just decided to put it on the car and said something has gone thru the exhaust wheel and chipped the fins. he wants a full refund, which i cannot do. so his mechanic rang me and said try sell the turbo as they want to use a brand new one instead and recoupe as much money as they can. seriousily though its 6 weeks old and still works perfect. ill upload pic of wheel soon

• 2 weeks later...

thanks islade

i sold this turbo 8 months ago

the guy who bought it "apparently" only just decided to put it on the car and said something has gone thru the exhaust wheel and chipped the fins. he wants a full refund, which i cannot do. so his mechanic rang me and said try sell the turbo as they want to use a brand new one instead and recoupe as much money as they can. seriousily though its 6 weeks old and still works perfect. ill upload pic of wheel soon

did you sell it AS IS to the guy? i would tell him to fk off especially if you sold it 6 months ago and they have used it.

did you sell it AS IS to the guy? i would tell him to fk off especially if you sold it 6 months ago and they have used it.

Turbo was sold in perfect working order with 800k's.

Here is the link.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/322792-gt3076r-turbo/page__p__5286573__hl__0434589274__fromsearch__1

After talking with Hypergear where the turbo was purchaced, they have advised me that it was due to excess heat from a poor tune that the ends of the fins have been damaged.

Turbo has been sitting in the box since I bought it off Justin. I have not used it at all. I bought a different rear housing and was fitting it a few weeks ago (because my engine is finally ready to have it bolted on) and that's when we noticed the damage.

Pictures are all in the old thread but here is one of the wheel.

post-10715-0-44825700-1298429475_thumb.jpg

I paid good money for what I thought was a 800k old turbo. As you can see I am now in posession of a turbo that was damaged before it was sold to me. Not happy...

l0WRB - I've been watching this unfold as a I do with all complaints.

I've been instructing Russman on how to seek a resolution, which you seem unwilling to work towards.

You sold a turbo that you claimed was "pretty much" brand new. It wasn't, and was clearly damaged.

You have one chance to fix this issue.

$800 is too much for a damaged 3076. Id be looking more in the $400 region. You can't say it wont affect performance. Under boost, heat, and stress the structure of all the fins has been damaged and its inevitable that it is going to, and will fail.

I bought a turbo which had very similar damage and after inspection by precision turbo the guy would never suggest running a turbo with damaged fins. Repairs will be in the excess of $600 for wheel, fitment and balance. I don't mean to bring down your sale but you are treading a fine line when you say its still near new.

None the less, if its still up for sale, Ill offer $400.

$800 is too much for a damaged 3076. Id be looking more in the $400 region. You can't say it wont affect performance. Under boost, heat, and stress the structure of all the fins has been damaged and its inevitable that it is going to, and will fail.

I bought a turbo which had very similar damage and after inspection by precision turbo the guy would never suggest running a turbo with damaged fins. Repairs will be in the excess of $600 for wheel, fitment and balance. I don't mean to bring down your sale but you are treading a fine line when you say its still near new.

None the less, if its still up for sale, Ill offer $400.

I've had a quote for 600 for new exhaust wheel fitted and balanced.

I assumed it would cost about 600. It cost 690 to do a 3082. None the less thats 800 + 600 = 1400 for a GT3076R which has to be repaired... A second hand, non screwed up 3076 could be had for about 1000 - 1200... A reasonable offer would be 400 - 500 as its going to be 1k spent on the turbo. Any more than that and honestly should consider brand new(about 1400 to your door from the US).

I'm not trying to shut you down, I'm actually interested in the turbo and will pay about $400 - 500 for the turbo if you let it go.

Edited by SargeRX8

I never suggested it was near new in this post. I'm not a dodgy trader look at my feedback along many websites. Maybe the turbo came f**ked from day 1 out of hypergears business. My tuner mechanic never removed the housing when fitting turbo. He also goin to have a word with Tao today.

So what happened to the PM function here?

Wouldn't that be better than just threadshi**ing this poor guy's thread?

It's been going on for the last month or so.

I'm just responding to other peoples posts suggesting I'm the bad guy here. I'm the one out of pocket.

This Garrett turbo was brand new when supplied, and this is not the first time I've seen this happening, I had few GT30 and GT28 high flowed turbos sent in for larger turbine housing which found to have burnt turbine wheels.

I have made an warranty inquiry for this guy which has been refused. Garrett blamed bad tune, I think its the materials used is either not heat resistant enough or just too thin.

I have no involvement in building this turbo and not the right person in sorting other people's product / service issues.

Thanks Tao for looking into warranty for me. This issue is not a problem for you to sort out though.

It came as a brand new turbo from you and arrived in my hands used but damaged.

Justin

How the f%$@ could it have come to you damaged when you have pictures of it BRAND NEW!!!!!

It seems like Justin should refund the money and russ should send the turbo back to him. Only fair thing to do an as it being a brand new turbo Justin should have a receipt for it and be able to get a new one through warrenty

that's if it is new that is

It seems like Justin should refund the money and russ should send the turbo back to him. Only fair thing to do an as it being a brand new turbo Justin should have a receipt for it and be able to get a new one through warrenty

that's if it is new that is

It's not covered under warranty. Tao from Hypergear already tried to help us with that.

Warranty will almost never work in your favour on a fitted turbo.

I bought a GT3082R from a guy for $800 which had only had 200kms on it. I had to adjust the rear housing so instead I took it off and discovered the wheel was damaged. I told him and he said he had no idea it was damaged and that it only had minimal use. I gave him the turbo back and he gave me a brand new one.

I know I wouldn't feel comfortable sleeping at night knowing I took someones hard earned thousands. I know, either way someone is going to be out of pocket but if you're honest enough you would at least give SOME credit. I made an offer to Russman and he said if you give him a partial refund he will be happy to settle the case.