SAU Community

What Turbo To Buy For My R33. Looking For Around 300Rwkw

Hi All, Im new to the skyline. I took my car in for a dyno tune last week and pulled 244rwkw, however when I drove it out i boosted it 3 times and now have a blown turbo.. what seems to of happened is the previous owner has put in a xr6 turbo on it and had made some dodgy spacers that to bolts have given way and warped the plates and gasket has gone through the exhaust wheel.. being a ball bearing turbo, I have been advised its better for me now to buy a new one.

He recommended me the Garrett GT3037s as this will give me what I am wanting. I have also been reading up on the Garrett GT3071.. I am not sure of what information I need to look for as it all gets comewhat confusing when talking AR's.

The mods on my car are,

3 inch exhaust

front fount cooler

Apexi Power FC

S15 injectors

Variable boost controller

Z32 airmeter.

any help would be greatly appreciated as my car is in the shop now and I want to get it sorted this week.

Thanks

As per the above. The RB25 dyno thread has more than enough results for you to workout what you want.

- YOU need to set the power goal.

- YOU need to set the budget.

Once you know those two things, simply compare against one of the 600 results in that thread.

Further to that, if you simple put "3071" into the search here, you will find probably half a dozen 6-page threads on that single turbo alone :)

Have a good go @ reading mate. There is more info than you can dream of in the pages of this forum about GT3071/GT3076/GT3073

Thanks.