SAU Community

Can't Play Mp3's

g35me

Can't the '09 model play MP3's or am I just doing it wrong? I just burnt a DVDR with some MP3's on it and wanted to then copy it to the GTR's hardrive and it wouldnt even read the disc. Is it because it is a DVDR or because they are MP3's? Thanks.

yeh you can only rip non-mp3's to the hard-drive, you'll have to make regular discs from your mp3s and then rip them - nero will do the conversion

i have never tried an mp3 disc yet, i always just stream off my iphone

as you know, i now have dvd in motion working - did you check if you can play dvd's?

Edited by domino_z

bummer. even the "old" 08 JDMs play DVDs. They gave a cool DVD with the car and I watched it in the car. lol. and even funnier is I was in the DVD as I was at the GT500 launch way back when and nearly got run over by it. good times!

yeh the JDMs have the full audio/vid package

for the Aus spec, they dumbed it down with the analog system, even reducing the screen resolution, so all 09's were unlucky there

for 2010 build onwards, they got the newer digital system with improved screen res

im sure our resident tech guru will correct me here if im wrong

• 2 weeks later...

Can't the '09 model play MP3's or am I just doing it wrong? I just burnt a DVDR with some MP3's on it and wanted to then copy it to the GTR's hardrive and it wouldnt even read the disc. Is it because it is a DVDR or because they are MP3's? Thanks.

Mp3's will work with CDR's (not DVD) on the 09. As mentioned above I don't think/know that you can rip those to hdd though.