SAU Community

New To Skylines

ls128

Hi guys,

I'm looking to purchase a R32 - specifically this one: http://www.carsales....Location_String

Does anyone know anything about it/the owner? & Would anyone be willing to come check it out with me...because i'm a total noob when it come's to skylines. I've grown up restoring & racing old Fiats (Insert joke about old Fiat's here) So not really savvy to common problems etc..

Being a P plater (Green's- till november) I thought this one would be perfect, as I can put the old engine back in..

Thanks!!

LS

Edited by ls128

Hi guys,

I'm looking to purchase a R32 - specifically this one: http://www.carsales....Location_String

Does anyone know anything about it/the owner? & Would anyone be willing to come check it out with me...because i'm a total noob when it come's to skylines. I've grown up restoring & racing old Fiats (Insert joke about old Fiat's here) So not really savvy to common problems etc..

Being a P plater (Green's- till november) I thought this one would be perfect, as I can put the old engine back in..

Thanks!!

LS

Go for a r33 gtst your better off

Green P plates = no mods ?, a 25 in it may be a legal/RTA problem mate.

Yeah not sure, I would hazard a guess saying it's not engineered. Most likely if I did buy it and get defected - i'd get it engineered (at a cost :( )

*Edit - mlr, have you ever been to motorkana's with SSCC? I live around the corner from the president of SSCC..I believe.

Edited by ls128

Personally I would wait till your on your full licence, and then get something else, why was the motor changed ?, lots of bargains out there if your willing to wait and then low ball some sellers.<BR><BR>Its a buyers market out there with the new laws for turbo cars. <BR><BR>No khanas with SSCC yet, ones coming up at the creek but Im not sure if Im available, stupid work.

See, I would. But currently my Fiat X19 has blown its head gasket - so i'm taking that opportunity to completely rebuild the engine, and I work fulltime in ultimo - at the moment am driving my parents honda CRV there every day , plus they don't want 120k a day added onto its mileage..- I need my own reliable daily driver. Because honestly, the Fiat will never be reliable! The fiat club of nsw has motorkanas - SSCC has attended them several times the last 2 or so years!

Edited by ls128

Buy a cheap 4cyl auto toyota or something and sell it in 8 months for the money you paid for it, I look at that 32 and all I see is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, also more pics of the X 1/9 please.

Nah, I want something I can enjoy for the rest of the time - hence going after a skyline, if I wanted something just to run around in then I would get a 4cyl toyota or pulsar or something.

Pics!

And Yes Tony, whilst the head is off, a few hp additions will happen..I've had a ride in a Delta Integrale...wow.

post-81745-0-59424200-1297332344_thumb.jpg

post-81745-0-00157000-1297332353_thumb.jpg

post-81745-0-00313600-1297332357_thumb.jpg

post-81745-0-31498200-1297332361_thumb.jpg

post-81745-0-22578500-1297332365_thumb.jpg

post-81745-0-18693800-1297332370_thumb.jpg

post-81745-0-38964600-1297332374_thumb.jpg

Edited by ls128

There are certainly exceptions out there but I wouldn't buy a Skyline of that age that's already been tampered with if you want a reliable daily driver :)

If you do decide to go ahead, could get a workshop to go over it and give it a thorough check?

If you do decide to go ahead, could get a workshop to go over it and give it a thorough check?

That was my plan - hence asking someone here to come along, so if they notice something right away, they can tell me don't do it , and save the money of an inspection.

Do non turbo r32's come up often?