SAU Community

New To Skylines

ls128

The majority of N/As that I've seen have been autos. In fact I can't even remember having seen one that wasn't (not that I'm saying there aren't any out there).

I know it's not what you want to do, but I think you'd be better waiting and you'll probably end up with a better car in the long run when you're ready and able to drive the turbo.

If I found a nice 33 for the right price then i'd get it no hesitation....my kinda goal is to get something fun now - to last me a year or so, so I can save up & buy something way better part way through next year.

I completely agree with you Tony, however that one I linked is a 32 with a rb25, just comes with the rb20 motor as a spare..Perfect for when I get onto my blacks.

If I found a nice 33 for the right price then i'd get it no hesitation....my kinda goal is to get something fun now - to last me a year or so, so I can save up & buy something way better part way through next year.

Take advice from somone who wated there money on a NA DONT do it.. TRUST me you'll regret it so much later that extra money you spent on a NA skyline that barely moved could have gone towards more mods on your new r33 ... Just take my advice trust me your going to hate yourself later :)

Sid

Tony - I don't think so, would have to check with the buyer...Speedwhore, The guy isn't asking a huge amount of money for it - and it comes with the original motor!

Yeah - Don't start me on the MR2. Toyota has admitted to importing a X19, stripping it and basing the original MR2 on it!! Kinda wanting to not have a two seater, as i'm usually designated driver! I raced against one at Wakefield Jan this year, though it was turbo. Didn't seem to bad - that being said, he had more spins then I did...

The MR2s are little less forgiving on the limit, a lot better after 92 but the brakes arent great in stock trim.

Shame about the 2 seats though.

You might have rego dramas w/o engineers report onthe 32 though.

328i? 2j Supra N/A? Maybe too $$

Edited by Tony Brown

Not sure what year it was - def one of the older ones though. Yeah I know that it may have dramas with rego without a engineers report - but it has rego till jan 2012, by then i'll have my blacks and hopefully the turbo motor back in & engineered for that (if it even needs it?)

As for a 328i - i've looked at BMW's and Alfa's - Eurpoean. I've learnt my lesson with European cars & Parts. Costs a sh1tload. Even at mates rates! Never really liked the look of Supras, but would be open.

I guess that doesn't leave you too many options, RWD N/A 4 seats, japanese and fun to drive......just about explored all options here and since we are on a Skyline forum, then it could be an RB25 powered 32 since its potentially the best "bang for your buck" car in N/A for your circumstances.(only if you can beat the price down a fair bit, a non-engineered conversion is not worth that kind of money IMO)

Hell I just sold a R34 GT-T auto sedan for $8500 http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/352396-r34-gt-t-auto-sedan-in-canberra-8500/page__st__20__p__5664504__fromsearch__1#entry5664504 thats only $1600 more than the car you are looking at, and while I understand that it would not have suited your needs, just comparing value for money makes the 32 look more like $3500 than $6900

I am all out of suggestions.

Good Luck, Tony

Edited by Tony Brown