SAU Community

Solution To Losing Both R35 Keys

eastes

d'oh! you are not having a good run mate. hope you kept the little tag with the key serial no on it?

how did you loose 2 keys? can't say I'm surprised at the $1000 for 2 new ones. though maybe you can get a discount for having 2 coded at once?? maybe see if they'll cut you a deal on a batch of 4 or 5 keys so you don't have to go through this again!!! :)

Hey Eastes,

Not to be a wank or anything but that video pretty much shows where you keep an R35 GT-R to an internet full of low life car thieves.

OT

That's not really an impressive replacement fee for just a couple of keys is it...

Also are those wheels a standard colour from the dealer ?

White car dark wheels = sexytimes.

Edited by Nee-san

Hey Eastes,

Not to be a wank or anything but that video pretty much shows where you keep an R35 GT-R to an internet full of low life car thieves.

OT

That's not really an impressive replacement fee for just a couple of keys is it...

Lol. Okay, you tell me the address where I keep the car :-)

Lol. Okay, you tell me the address where I keep the car :-)

Lol You've got a point, but all you need is the suburb and then one of the various mapping programs on the net can do the rest !

Or should i just go back to making my tin foil hats ? :P

Edited by Nee-san

d'oh! you are not having a good run mate. hope you kept the little tag with the key serial no on it?

how did you loose 2 keys? can't say I'm surprised at the $1000 for 2 new ones. though maybe you can get a discount for having 2 coded at once?? maybe see if they'll cut you a deal on a batch of 4 or 5 keys so you don't have to go through this again!!! :)

It's $1000 for just one key. I heard merc keys start at $2500!

Previous owner lost one key. I think my key is at a lost found department in one of many Airports in Australia. I tried MEL and BNE, where I flew. Offered reward. No response.

Ha ha, nope. Not the best run. :-) I'll live though!

Edited by eastes

Lol You've got a point, but all you need is the suburb and then one of the various mapping programs on the net can do the rest !

:P

an even easier option would be using one of the many free ip sniffers

some computer geek will spend 5 mins on google and that vid isnt necessary

that's why you insure your sh!t

mate bad luck about the keys, seems the dealers are rolling in the gtr parts tax too

Edited by domino_z

"Everyone has a short attention span - I know I do..."

quote from "The Hive" by Richard Eastes.

Well, at least you admit it > I trust all is well next time! :thumbsup:

Lol. You got me. Nice find.

Also are those wheels a standard colour from the dealer ?

White car dark wheels = sexytimes.

Sorry, didn't see this question before.

They are stock wheels. They're pretty dark normally, but they are a little dirty as well. The brake dust dirty's them up very quickly.

an even easier option would be using one of the many free ip sniffers

some computer geek will spend 5 mins on google and that vid isnt necessary

that's why you insure your sh!t

mate bad luck about the keys, seems the dealers are rolling in the gtr parts tax too

Sounds like an Insurance brokers words :nyaanyaa:

You are right though, the address is easy to find with or without the video, get insurance.

I thought it was difficult to claim under certain policies if the cars keys were used. EG: break into a house and steal the keys and drive away? What i've been told so could be bullshit....

For the record, I'm always packing lots of guns and knives an shit. Oh, and my dog is always hungry and my neighbor is a cop. Just sayin'.

Edited by eastes
  • Like 2

It's $1000 for just one key. I heard merc keys start at $2500!

Previous owner lost one key. I think my key is at a lost found department in one of many Airports in Australia. I tried MEL and BNE, where I flew. Offered reward. No response.

Ha ha, nope. Not the best run. :-) I'll live though!

Have a look here

www.courtesyparts.com

You can land a couple transmitters here for $250 direct from the US but what will Nissan charge you to code them especially if you dont buy them through them? Can anyone with a Consult III do that for you?

You can land a couple transmitters here for $250 direct from the US but what will Nissan charge you to code them especially if you dont buy them through them? Can anyone with a Consult III do that for you?

Dealership said the transmitters cost them about $250 including keying if I do them at the same time. I'm going to get a spare one of them.

Dealership said the transmitters cost them about $250 including keying if I do them at the same time. I'm going to get a spare one of them.

So they get you two transmitters for the same price as you can get them from OS and then they slug you $800 just to code them!!! ( I presume you are talking about two of them as that's what I'm talking about for $250). This is for something that should take them all of 30 minutes. That just plain robbery. GT-R tax strikes again :wacko:.... Can this work be done on any Consult III or do you need the "authorised dealer" codes?

Edited by fungoolie

So they get you two transmitters for the same price as you can get them from OS and then they slug you $800 just to code them!!! ( I presume you are talking about two of them as that's what I'm talking about for $250). This is for something that should take them all of 30 minutes. That just plain robbery. GT-R tax strikes again :wacko:.... Can this work be done on any Consult III or do you need the "authorised dealer" codes?

No. Sorry, I didn't communicate very well. They only charge me around $250 for the transmitter part. The little old-school steel key part is nearly $700 that has to be imported from Japan. It's a dimple key with little dimple holes drilled through it. Why is costs nearly $700, I don't know. Plus, on the GT-R, it's never actually used.