SAU Community

Removing Door Trim.

BennyR33

good afternoon all.

im new to this forum and recently picked up my R33 GTS-T.

anyways i need some advise on how to remove my drivers side door trim as the door will not lock. im not totally stupid about these sort of things but never owned a skyline before and just needed to know if there are some things i should know before i go ahead with it,

any help much appreciated.

cheers, Ben

Pretty simple,

Take the screws out from the bottom of the trim

Then there will be a screw at the bottom of the sunken door handle (one that you pull the door shut with) underneath the plastic circle (get that out with a flat blade screwdriver)

Then the tricky part if you havent done it before, is getting the trim surrounding the door handle (the door handle that OPENS the door, not the one to pull the door shut), basically it just pulls off, but its seriously tight, and you WILL think its going to break lol

I used a claw hammer with a rag to lever it off, but make sure you do it from the side to the front of the car.

Then it should just lift off upwards (the top hooks over the door sill)

Unless somebody wants to correct me, im fairly sure thats it :thumbsup:

that was piss easy! cheers for the help mate.

only problem is that i didn't fix my problem of the door failing to lock.. i have keyless entry. the door is locking but its not.. if that makes sense? any advise on what it could be?

lol yer well i dunno how to explain it. the actuator wasn't hooked in so i put that back in with a nut of the bottom. it appears to be locking from view but its not actually locking.

spayed a little bit of CRC and it fixed the problem but for how long im not sure.

As far as I know, that's normal with most cars...or at least cars around that era. I know my parently VP Berlina does the same thing, not sure about my R33 though coz my high beams are f**kING PATHETIC while my low beams are blinding lol

ok so i couldnt find anything in search but my headlights... when i switch them to high beam the low beam cuts out?? its this normal? im thinking its not meant to happen,, any advise?

Yes that is right. Low beam and high beam work independently of each other. Theres a tutorial here somewhere that tells you how to make them both work with high beam but

As for your locking problem.... Do you mean the door lock tab in the trim moves as if to indicate it's locked but the door still opens? If so pull the latch off and see if everythings all good in there

• 4 years later...

well I just took my door trim off using this thread and most of it is correct though I actually had another screw behind the elec windiow switch that needed to come out before it would come off.