SAU Community

List Your Top 5 Mods

hey guys if everyone can give me their opinion on what you think is the best top 5 mods for an rb25det and why(QUALITY OVER QUANTITY?)

straight to the point with a little explainatioin on why would be great guys e.g.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

CHEEEERS

1 - exhaust

2 - steel intake pipe (no point in having power when the stock one sucks closed)

3 - coil packs (standard ones tend to fail = crappy power delivery)

4 - front mount

5 - vipec ecu (which has a built-in boost controller so its a 2 in 1 mod) with a tune

the reason why i didnt put a pod is because the standard airbox does a good enough job for that power level.

5 is a shit number though.

1) bigger turbo - depending on the power you want, a bigger turbo simply = more power. GT3076r (max 550hp) is the best for a stock engine!

2) better exhaust - on a skyline, the factory exhaust is restrictive, nets you easy power.

3) boost controller - more boost + more power, but you need one of these VVVV at the same time, to make the most of it (see no.4)

4) tuning - nistune or power FC do well on skylines, an important mod if you've got more things to do later on.

5) intercooler - lowers intake temps, colder = denser = more oxygen = more power.

(those 5 things all have to be done together though, you can't do either of those without the other. You can, but this is the best way to do it.

Edited by turbo x-trail

i speak the truth.

you sure do. steel intake pipe is a must for ~240rwkw and over, but with 5 mods only (which is admittedly a silly arbitrary limit) i doubt he would get to that power level safely.

5 mods i would do:

-full exhaust

-FMIC

-ECU tune (with inbuilt boost control)

-coilovers

-wheels and tyres

1. 22 inch Chromies

2. Vinyl graphics, preferably with nismo logos, trust stickers and GTR badging

3. 4inch exhaust with big ass Canon and no mid mufflers,no Cat and loud as F%$k screamer pipe

5. Altessa tailights

If I could include a 6th, it would be a Vent to Atmo Bov, spring tightened to allow for hektic flutterz on low boost

1. 22 inch Chromies

2. Vinyl graphics, preferably with nismo logos, trust stickers and GTR badging

3. 4inch exhaust with big ass Canon and no mid mufflers,no Cat and loud as F%$k screamer pipe

5. Altessa tailights

If I could include a 6th, it would be a Vent to Atmo Bov, spring tightened to allow for hektic flutterz on low boost

how about including the 4th :P