SAU Community

White 35 At The Island

White 35

Ive been trying to get the GTR back to Phillip Island ever since we did the Nissan GTR drive day their with Mizuno & Toshio.

I managed to get a solid 3 days driving by combining Sat practice, Sunday Sprint and Monday track day with Drive Events.

I sent the car down with CEVA logistics in their race transporter which meant no issues like 09 GTR has with Toll last year. It cost $900 to be picked up from my office and dropped in Melb CBD.

From here i picked up the car and drove it to the Island.

Sat morning i ran my road tyres for 1 session just to get the feel for the track but it was clear after 5 laps that i was wasting my time on the Dunlops and lap times were about 1.47 to 1.48 straight up. After the 1st session i put a brand new set of 19 inch Michelin slicks on and WOW I knew that we were going to be flying by the end of the weekend.

So after a few more sessions on Sat I called it a day so i could leave the slicks in good condition for the Sunday Sprint.

Sunday morning 1st session sucked. They didnt let the cars out in order of speed and i got caught up with traffic and no matter what i did i couldnt get a clean lap... i would let everyone pass and then take off after them but it didnt matter cause i would catch them in half a lap... anyway i pulled in early on the 1st session a bit pissed cause i dusted up the slicks quite a bit trying to get a lap in.

Next session was better - they let me out first and i made sure that all 26 cars were on track behind me before i took off on my flying laps. I got 2 flying laps before catching up the back of the field and we were down into the 1.43's or so.

Third session much the same happened but i managed to get a 1.42.055 out of the car. This ended up being my fastest time and the fastest time for the weekend. The closest guys were about 3-5 secs slower.

So all up a great weekend and i know the car can go sub 1.40 with the right conditions of slicks, I also need to perfect my lines on the track remembering that id never driven here before this weekend.

We did the track day on monday as well but the car developed a big missfire due to some fueling issues and stuffed plugs - so called it a day and the car is now resting before getting another hammering on the 4th March at the island again.

This track is honestly next to Bathurst the best track ive ever driven. Its so fast and smooth. If you can somehow get your car down there its a must do...

Here are some recent pic's of the car. Next up is a rollcage cause its just too fast now... and i cant run Bathurst this year on slicks without a cage...

So ive got the fastest laps now at Bathurst and Phillip Island... Next up im off to Sandown to set the fastest GTR lap in Early April at the Sandown Sprint then back up to Eastern Creek to beat Dunc & Marek... watch out boys im coming for your lap times...

post-66586-0-18260700-1297829395_thumb.jpg

post-66586-0-42571600-1297829410_thumb.jpg

post-66586-0-35521000-1297829424_thumb.jpg

post-66586-0-04517300-1297829457_thumb.jpg

post-66586-0-62833000-1297829501_thumb.jpg

post-66586-0-55517000-1297829520_thumb.jpg

post-66586-0-51922700-1297829550_thumb.jpg

post-66586-0-41764600-1297829600_thumb.jpg

thanks fellas.

Its not that hard to get your car there honestly, i can help you organise it anytime you want to go.

Just send it with CEVA to Melbourne. Fly down and drive it to the island. Easy!!!

The car doesnt have that many power mods really. Its got HKS Intercoolers, HKS Tranny cooler, HKS Boost controller, HKS Intercooler piping, Mines filters, COBB, full exhaust etc...

Its only putting out 385kw at the wheels on 98 fuel. Ive managed to lighten it though by about 100kg which makes a big difference...

thanks fellas.

Its not that hard to get your car there honestly, i can help you organise it anytime you want to go.

Just send it with CEVA to Melbourne. Fly down and drive it to the island. Easy!!!

The car doesnt have that many power mods really. Its got HKS Intercoolers, HKS Tranny cooler, HKS Boost controller, HKS Intercooler piping, Mines filters, COBB, full exhaust etc...

Its only putting out 385kw at the wheels on 98 fuel. Ive managed to lighten it though by about 100kg which makes a big difference...

Congra,Miles,Seen your car flying at the Island. Great times at 1:42 first time at PI. It took Sam Markos a lot of time to sort out the GTR32 to get down to 1:39 with slicks,John Kennedy tried very hard going head to head with Stuart Ingwood to get the GTR33 down to 1:43.Robert Marshall drove John's purple GTR33 behind you doing 1:45. The R35 is no doubt a very desirable fast car. Suzuki san must be having a sunday drive laping PI at 1:46/47 at the Nissan drive day. Hope you will be able to better John's best time at 1:16 at Sandown Jeff Beable's red R35 laps Sandown at 1:20. look forward to see your white R35 at Sandown in the near future

cheers all