SAU Community

Very Special Boost Controller

Guest INASNT
i think the issue here is the price of the product which is too close to an EBC..  

i wouldnt mind 'trying' one of the valves to see if it works just as well or better than a Turbosmart or GFB bleeder but then again 315 is a bit rich...

exactly

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at the jap brand bleeders you will see they are around $350 as well... maybe they have a similar feature...

"and why for gods sake are you so stupidly hostile"

hehe, everyone always asks that about inasnt :)

but you have NEVER seen it in action howcan you say it is not worth it?? what if you put it in and your car picks up .5 of a sec down the 1/4??? i know heaps of ppl that have spent alot more than that to make up simular resaults....

as i said ppl with ANY controller come try it out and compare

sewid...

"Gas filled what? A valve like this works using a spring and a diaphragm. Are you thinking we're all complete morons or something?"

No, do some homework, and then come install this in your car and call me an idiot if it goes the same...

This is coming from a guy that says "using gas ... keeps the temps cooler inside the valve"... Yeah you're a real expert. :rofl::P

No wonder this thing improved your performance, you were using a hairbrush as a bleed valve before.

If its not simply a spring/diaphragm device and actually uses gas, the gas sure isn't there for keeping the temperature down.

Dude you are an idiot.

Gas filled what? A valve like this works using a spring and a diaphragm. Are you thinking we're all complete morons or something?

"Gas keeps the temps inside the valve down"? Are you a complete imbecile and believe your own BS? What relevance does the temperature of a bleed valve have to anything.

Go and crawl back under the rock from whence you came little man.

Sewid you really need to do some research befor making comments like this....it may save you from presenting as a complete twit.

Ok,

At the end of the day, there just isnt enough facts supporting this 'very special boost controller'

This is a small world, and something thats this good would travell in no time, and a week after it came out, it would be used everywhere and be as common as a bogan in an old commonwhore.

Ive been into imports and turbos specifically for a few years now, i own one myself, know people that own turbos and have done a fair bit of work on turbos.. and i must say, in all that time ive never heard or seen of this 'very special boost controller'

Now if it came out as part of the Audi's or whatever, then surely major workshops etc would know about it, and be using it?

why arent they?

'Tis a scientific world we live in, without proof, im just not sold, sorry

the gas is used because when you push more power/boost air temp inside the turbo raise correct??? ok let go back to year 7 science.... what happens to air particals when they heat up.... thats right they expand (see where this is going here)... when it expands the air becomes thinner (looses viscosity) ...would i be correct in saying alot of boost controllers start slowly raising the boost (higher boost in taller gears sound familier???) now what if that air is cooled when comes into the valve .... shall i keep going????

reson for em not getting around yet is that they have been under developement for ages getting the porting gas type ect correct and consistant

Guest INASNT

when u raise the boost the boosted air isent going into the pressure pipe that controls the wastegate opening and closing. The amount of thermal transfer going from the turbo to the wastegate to the rubber hose to the boost controller is so minimal in a 1/4 run, the gas would not do shit to make u do any quicker 1/4 time.

listen. Can i get a accurate answer to this question. Will this super doopa pneamatic valve do a better job than my APexi AVCR?

Im using the apexi to limit wheelspin in 1st gear. That alone is reason enough to leave it there.

mx83toy whats your answer to that?

Sewid   you really need to do some research befor making comments like this....it may save you from presenting as a complete twit.

Huh?

I've pulled apart valves like this many times myself. im yet to see one that isnt built like that.

My guess is it would do just as good if not better than the Apexi in terms of control of the set boost. it does not have any of the extra functions of the electronic boosters except to control "how the boost comes on"

ps Hope to find out for myself towards the end of the month.

simple, let idiots buy it and have their fun.

Like this guy last night who was trying to tell me and my mate he's got an RB26 R32 gts-t running 26psi and running flat 13's.

End of day I'd rather use my profec b s2 EBC than anything like this.

the gas is used because when you push more power/boost air temp inside the turbo raise correct??? ok let go back to year 7 science.... what happens to air particals when they heat up.... thats right they expand (see where this is going here)... when it expands the air becomes thinner (looses viscosity) ...would i be correct in saying alot of boost controllers start slowly raising the boost (higher boost in taller gears sound familier???) now what if that air is cooled when comes into the valve  ....   shall i keep going????

reson for em not getting around yet is that they have been under developement for ages getting the porting gas type ect correct and consistant

Look I admit i might be wrong about EVERY relief valve being built using springs/diaphragms because i cant say ive looked at lots of different valves from every manufacturer. I have looked at many and pulled them apart to find that mostly they look the same inside.

But your attempt at explaining why gas is used here is technically flawed and completely wrong.

1) This valve is small, it has no cooling mechanism (compressor, radiator, etc)

2) Cooling air quickly requires a lot of effort and a lot more hardware than this valve provides. This is what we all get bigger and better intercoolers for.

3) Whatever gas they put in this valve is not immune to the laws of thermodynamics.

4) Ergo the gas will heat up to ambient or higher temperature before the car even starts up. The gas will then reach the same temperature as the air passing thru the valve quite quickly.

Even if the gas is stored compressed it is not going to be any cooler than ambient temperature. Only the expansion of that gas will result in any cooling effect. Of course the expansion of the gas means the gas has to go somewhere, into the atmosphere probably? And if not into the atmosphere it will need to be recompressed to perform the useful cooling work again. I dont see a compressor attached to this very special boost controller.

look man i didnt invent the thing....to my understanding this is one of the functions of the gass.... i've gone alot faster with it compared to other controllers full stop. you want to try one out, cool come down,

you want to bag it out come up with something better yourself, and then prove its better else...