SAU Community

Headlight Wiring Monstrosity

rbjunkie

Hey guys,

So i've got a whole lot of shit wiring on my car. Its a R32 GTR. The only reason why I think that there would be so much wiring like this is due to the car previously having HID's?

What I want to know is there a section of loom that just plugs in for the headlights etc? It's hard to tell with my current setup as its wired with power coming straight off the battery so who knows? I'm not too good at reading electrical diagrams so havent bothered with the service manual. I want to revert back to the stock wiring.

I've attatched some pics to give you an idea. I can chop and join wires and all of that so if I need to do a few wires here and there to get rid of all this mess then thats fine. So is there a headlight loom that I can just replace it with? Should I just go to a auto electrician? Is there anybody on here in west melbourne that can have a look?

Cheers

post-78091-0-68388500-1298793788_thumb.jpg

post-78091-0-21191200-1298793827_thumb.jpg

What you have in your photo appears to be a fairly standard relay setup to overcome the stupid setup Nissan decided to use by running full voltage through the switch which eventually burns out the loom and the switch.

Granted your wiring looks messy, but if you can tidy it up it will be way more reliable than the original wiring.

Your best bet is to just make sure it is wired correctly and tidy it up.

I had a auto elec do that exact job on my R32 GTR and now all my headlights work every time I switch them on.