SAU Community

R34 Gtr Build

Hi Nick,

This motor build will have both with minimum lag or no lag so response under full boost and response in boost. The boost we are looking at running is 64psi absolute on the turbo side and that should equate out about 34psi gauge before the throttle bodies, remember this is all calculated, we will be follwoing the laws of Joule thomson effects.

You must all have a read of the below link now you know why people run big boost rememebr when the F1 where turbo they used to run 5bar boost.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joule%E2%80%93Thomson_effect

thanks, should be a real animal with that much boost + revs :worship: ... that link is a bit over my head but I'm trying

those 80's F1 engines are ridiculous, but plenty of lag there;)

I guess we shouldn't complain too much, the old Sierra Cosworths were much bigger p1gs than our GTRs

Have you confirmed what the compression ratio is going to be Bobby?

This is definitely going to be one engineering feat! Absolutely love it - truly top level racing inspired work.

Ok people i have confirmed the static compression ratio 9.9:1

so i was close

I guess the modification to your quench pads will help you run such a high static compression ratio with quite a substantial amount of boost.

What fuel will you be using, I think I missed this further back ?

I guess the modification to your quench pads will help you run such a high static compression ratio with quite a substantial amount of boost.

What fuel will you be using, I think I missed this further back ?

The squish area has not ben touched however the clearance has been changed by closing the gap further then standard.

The car will be tuned on E85 caltex.

Below is a pic showing how the wastegate will merge into the dump pipe and act like a venturi to help remove gases from the turbine.

Also there will be an addition of a fitting fitted at the bottom of the manifold collector, that can be connected to compressed air on board and spray it in for boost at idle, a good ay to launch of the mark. I know this is all new to alot of people as its all new to me, will have to see how it all works.

post-49633-0-60966800-1301992447_thumb.jpg

I will make sure i get detailed pic of the merge i hope people can copy this method and use it to there benefit

How did you form it? I'm also impressed with the manifold merge collector. I like to see people trying new things (well old theory, but not common ground). Keep up the great work.

How did you form it? I'm also impressed with the manifold merge collector. I like to see people trying new things (well old theory, but not common ground). Keep up the great work.

Here are some old pics on how the collector was made, it took 100hrs to make

Design started from this

post-49633-0-57143800-1302007791_thumb.jpg

post-49633-0-42330700-1302008027_thumb.jpg

A wooden template was made first to see if it would work

post-49633-0-13381700-1302007248_thumb.jpg

Made from billet 321 stainless

post-49633-0-41043200-1302007410_thumb.jpg

post-49633-0-93361500-1302007530_thumb.jpg

post-49633-0-98927600-1302007626_thumb.jpg

I'm pretty eager to see how the dump will terminate, because at the moment it has the makings of the best possible solution for exhausting the gases.

The interesting part will be the packaging, unless your planning on running a side pipe :P

Very very nice fabrication work.

I'm pretty eager to see how the dump will terminate, because at the moment it has the makings of the best possible solution for exhausting the gases.

The interesting part will be the packaging, unless your planning on running a side pipe :P

Very very nice fabrication work.

Thank you the fab work is not easy.

Will be running a full exhaust this car will comply to RTA road rules and comply with emmisions also

Below is a pic showing how the wastegate will merge into the dump pipe and act like a venturi to help remove gases from the turbine.

Hi Bobby, can you update with photos to show how this will work?