SAU Community

R34 Gtr Build

Will be interesting to see what cleaned up standard size ports flow.

Standard Valves?

Yes standard valves.

I do want to make a note as john has said you can keep increase flow when measured on the flow bench, however it can go backwards with the final results on the dyno. He has said this many times.

• Like 1

Ive given up trying to learn lol, I can port match and clean up and thats all I'll do.

Sadly good head guys are going the same way as the old blokes who could tune and tweak webbers, and no-one does much of twincam jap motors so the envelope just hasn't been pushed like the old iron headed V8s (eg 800+hp Naturally aspirated on ported factory iron heads etc)

Ive given up trying to learn lol, I can port match and clean up and thats all I'll do.

Sadly good head guys are going the same way as the old blokes who could tune and tweak webbers, and no-one does much of twincam jap motors so the envelope just hasn't been pushed like the old iron headed V8s (eg 800+hp Naturally aspirated on ported factory iron heads etc)

Well its never to late, Im sure John can give you the best description.

I had a go doing a head and tried to copy this head, his car is a r32 gtr silver one his name is Mamoon and the car is making 410kw at all wheels all ive done is the head port clean 1mm tomei head gasket and the rest of the internal motor is standard running on Eflex fuel , so i must of done something right. Also has low mount 2530 hks turbo dumps fuel system ecu pfc. His been on gtr challenge vids and almost won the powercruise drag battle in 2010.

Very nice stuff there Bobby. Im assuming John machined those v band rings out of a solid billet of stainless? Because that would have taken ages to do!

Yes john does make it out of solid billet and it does not take him that long. I will get a pic of the ring as you has said he machines it in a way where the flow is not affected and it locates with a perfect join.

Wow, I made mine from billet mild steel and it took me a good couple of hours or more to turn them in the lathe. But im sure his lathe skills far exceed my own by a long shot!

I made mine like this. post-12828-0-03741500-1320190295_thumb.jpg

Were his similiar to that maybe?

Wow, I made mine from billet mild steel and it took me a good couple of hours or more to turn them in the lathe. But im sure his lathe skills far exceed my own by a long shot!

I made mine like this. post-12828-0-03741500-1320190295_thumb.jpg

Were his similiar to that maybe?

Yes i think that is how he makes it ill get an internal pic for you all.

One day ill do a video recording of john on the lathe you will freak out how quick he is and how precise he is.

A cross section of one of the intake and exhaust ports please, if you dont mind Bobby?

I manage to take one pic of a head that was sectioned, however this is not what you want, i ask John about the ports, he said he did drawings of the port , ill have to get this next week as he was busy at work today.

post-49633-0-92936200-1320913427_thumb.jpg