SAU Community

R34 Gtr Build

ID2000 because of the volume of fuel at high rpm will not atomize properly, by having it further away from the intake valve you allow the fuel/air mixture more time to mix properly and enter the chamber. Proven that is makes more power at higher rpm having the injectors further away.

We will have both blanks running under full load and both banks running full sequential.

Yes if it was me id just run the one injector ie ID2000's. Well i remember about 2 years ago when i said to John can we just run the one injector,one large one. John went into great detail and expained injector frequency can run one cycle out of phase im not sure what that means and he said this is why we run two bank to cover up the out of phase injector.

I guess whats in Johns head is a greater understand in full detail how this whole buid is going to work.

Spray pattern is extremly important Vs Fuel Pressure you can bump fuel pressure and have the injectors spray like a hose in full liquid form, this is a mistake made by many people. This can lead to detenation caused by bad air fuel mixing.

A big high flowing injector will not atomise the fuel very well, hence placing it further away from the intake port will increase atmosation as it travels to the inlet valve... try putting an injector at 90°to the port and see how you go!

Wouldnt poor atomisation be caused by using the incorrect spray pattern and fuel pressure?? Especially in a boosted application?? I understand that a larger injector would be harder to get perfect atomisiation. but if its the correct injector with the correct spray pattern for the application, setup at the correct pressure wouldnt the angle of the injector cause minimal issues with atomisation?? Could you expand on it a little?? Sorry for the off topic chatter bobby.

Wouldnt poor atomisation be caused by using the incorrect spray pattern and fuel pressure?? Especially in a boosted application?? I understand that a larger injector would be harder to get perfect atomisiation. but if its the correct injector with the correct spray pattern for the application, setup at the correct pressure wouldnt the angle of the injector cause minimal issues with atomisation?? Could you expand on it a little?? Sorry for the off topic chatter bobby.

Think about where they place injectors in F1... right outside the trumpet of the inlet parallel to the inlet port.

Think about where they place injectors in F1... right outside the trumpet of the inlet parallel to the inlet port.

Thats all well and good but it doesnt answer my question. I understand that where F1 cars have them is ideal placement. But in real cars u cant always have ideal placement. Ive seen some old collectable cars with efi conversions that had the injector hidden under the manifold. The injectors would have been mounted at a 90deg angle at the least. Obviously a high performance application will be different, But im trying to understand more of the science behind it.

I was at John's Workshop and I found some paper work related to the build. Its very interesting how much details John has gone into with his calculations. This was done back in 2008 and he has box loads of it.

I guess it would be a mission to post each page. Well I managed to get some pics of the paper work i know to some people it wont mean much however to some its priceless.

Enjoy

post-49633-0-37897500-1328618846_thumb.jpg

post-49633-0-75514700-1328618899_thumb.jpg

post-49633-0-08539100-1328619029_thumb.jpg

post-49633-0-76211500-1328619116_thumb.jpg

post-49633-0-97343400-1328619155_thumb.jpg

post-49633-0-34119300-1328619207_thumb.jpg

post-49633-0-70981600-1328619298_thumb.jpg

Makes my head hurt doing that kind of maths! Someone should teach John how to use MS Excel. Im sure he could then create the mother of all engine calc spreadsheets.

I noticed the mentioning of a water/meth injection system too. As your already running with 12 injectors, where will you be putting the injector nozzles? Just after the BOV's and before the plenum, or are you modifying the plenum further to support direct port injection as well?

Makes my head hurt doing that kind of maths! Someone should teach John how to use MS Excel. Im sure he could then create the mother of all engine calc spreadsheets.

I noticed the mentioning of a water/meth injection system too. As your already running with 12 injectors, where will you be putting the injector nozzles? Just after the BOV's and before the plenum, or are you modifying the plenum further to support direct port injection as well?

Hey Ian,

John can not go near a computer i have tried many times they just die everytime he touches them. Yes the calculations are done for everything on and in the motor.

The water methanol injection nozzel will be placed infront of the turbo. John has said this will help cool the charge and increase the pressure ratio of the turbo as you now are compressing air with liquid vapour ( density increase = higher turbo pressure ratio).

I will be using a snow performace setup that will be modified.

Cant wait to see the final results on this build Bobby..its awesome to see this level of detail , custom fabrication , not to mention the dollar amount.thumbsup.gif

I hope this can really achieve everything your hoping for..look forward to the next installments.