SAU Community

Ls1 Coils On A Rb

Std dwell is around 2ms, which will most likely be ok for the larger LSx coils. i was going to do this but was put off with the actual mounting of the coils. Was going to put them in the valley between cam covers but the TB makes this difficult to do neatly. Wiring info already posted should be ample to get the job done, i was going to leave the std cap in place and simply ground the black wire at the mounting brackets.

here's some info on dwell time for LS1 coils.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/54641-lsx-coil-testing/page__st__20

So the ones listed on ebay in the us there not a genuine gm coil are they? Just figured if your gonna get them might as well get the real deal instead of a cheaper knockoff.

If they are genuine then f**k me there cheap, so much cheaper then any decent replacement coils, well worth the hassles of mounting and wiring.

Still cant decide on whether to run these of just get yellow jackets, kinda running out of time before my tune, so kinda need to make a decision asap pinch.gif

One issus i have noticed is the dwell time on the coils, i'm guessing you'll need to adjust it via the ecu as it has to be set to around 5ms, not to sure what a standard rb coil's dwell time is?

Edited by Mr Jollwah

• 2 weeks later...

Ok well just got a call from the tuner and she started first kick with the LS2 coils... tuning this week and fingers crossed might get it back by the weekend! I will eventually post how they are mounted once I get around to it, might even make a kit for the conversion if there is any demand.

I'll be rigging my LS2/truck coils up sometime this week. After trying several sets of OEM coilpacks, one worked for about an hour, then started crapping out, I finally got fed up. With the LS2/truck coils at 120 mA, she'll be firing smooth boy ;) .

Well I know why Nissan went straight coil on plug, there is f**k all room to mount the LS1 coils especially trying to have them neat and with equal length leads. Having a mate come round tomorrow to give me a hand.

Surely it's not that big a deal if the leads are slightly different lengths.

Edited by ST240